Connecting to other computer

Ok here is the thing. My brother and I both have wireless internet throught
the same wireless router. I know his IP address and I was wondering how I can
connect to his computer and get some files off of his computer. Please Help.
Thanks in advance

Ping is the thing :) Ever tried to ping him?

--PA

"Sam Degelia" <SamDegelia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6947D86B-F46E-458E-8DC0-9AE6F9614BC0@microsoft.com...
> Ok here is the thing. My brother and I both have wireless internet throught
> the same wireless router. I know his IP address and I was wondering how I can
> connect to his computer and get some files off of his computer. Please Help.
> Thanks in advance

Chuck

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2001

On Sun, 29 Aug 2004 13:53:02 -0700, "Sam Degelia"
<SamDegelia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Ok here is the thing. My brother and I both have wireless internet throught
>the same wireless router. I know his IP address and I was wondering how I can
>connect to his computer and get some files off of his computer. Please Help.
>Thanks in advance

Sam,

Depending upon what operating system your two computers are using, your brother
may have to give permission so you can access his computer.

Here are a couple websites with useful tutorials:
http://www.cablesense.com/
http://www.homenethelp.com/
http://www.practicallynetworked.com/

Cheers,