Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

DVD Region Settings

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
Anonymous
September 13, 2004 2:21:02 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.video (More info?)

I have two dvd drives, one is a reader and the other is a reader/writer.
When I try to use Media Player, Power DVD or InterActual Player, to play my
legally bought DVDs, it tells me my settings are for a wrong region. I went
to Device Manager, and to the "reader drive" properties first, and I clicked
the "DVD Region" tab and changed to United States (region 1, and it was
already set for Region 1) when I tried to change the "read/writer" drive, it
does not show the "DVD Region" tab. Even after I changed the "reader drive"
I still get the same message. There are 4 region settings remaining on the
reader drive. Your help would be appreciated.

More about : dvd region settings

Anonymous
September 15, 2004 9:09:09 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.video (More info?)

"Satern2000" wrote:

> I have two dvd drives, one is a reader and the other is a reader/writer.
> When I try to use Media Player, Power DVD or InterActual Player, to play my
> legally bought DVDs, it tells me my settings are for a wrong region. I went
> to Device Manager, and to the "reader drive" properties first, and I clicked
> the "DVD Region" tab and changed to United States (region 1, and it was
> already set for Region 1) when I tried to change the "read/writer" drive, it
> does not show the "DVD Region" tab. Even after I changed the "reader drive"
> I still get the same message. There are 4 region settings remaining on the
> reader drive. Your help would be appreciated.
Anonymous
September 15, 2004 9:13:11 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.video (More info?)

Sorry - first one blank. Best site for information on DVD region change is:

www.regionfreedvd.net

It deals with commercial DVD players. Computer DVD players/recorders are a
little different, but I think they are also covered. You'll need brand name,
model etc.

It includes hacks or sites to obtain hacks to render the DVD region free.
That is, it should play anything.

"Satern2000" wrote:

> I have two dvd drives, one is a reader and the other is a reader/writer.
> When I try to use Media Player, Power DVD or InterActual Player, to play my
> legally bought DVDs, it tells me my settings are for a wrong region. I went
> to Device Manager, and to the "reader drive" properties first, and I clicked
> the "DVD Region" tab and changed to United States (region 1, and it was
> already set for Region 1) when I tried to change the "read/writer" drive, it
> does not show the "DVD Region" tab. Even after I changed the "reader drive"
> I still get the same message. There are 4 region settings remaining on the
> reader drive. Your help would be appreciated.
Related resources
Anonymous
September 15, 2004 10:17:09 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.video (More info?)

Ross,
Thank you for your response. I will try buying the firmware and hopefully
that will work. Its good to know that we can come here for answers. Thanks
again!

Satern

"RossNorbro" wrote:

> Sorry - first one blank. Best site for information on DVD region change is:
>
> www.regionfreedvd.net
>
> It deals with commercial DVD players. Computer DVD players/recorders are a
> little different, but I think they are also covered. You'll need brand name,
> model etc.
>
> It includes hacks or sites to obtain hacks to render the DVD region free.
> That is, it should play anything.
>
> "Satern2000" wrote:
>
> > I have two dvd drives, one is a reader and the other is a reader/writer.
> > When I try to use Media Player, Power DVD or InterActual Player, to play my
> > legally bought DVDs, it tells me my settings are for a wrong region. I went
> > to Device Manager, and to the "reader drive" properties first, and I clicked
> > the "DVD Region" tab and changed to United States (region 1, and it was
> > already set for Region 1) when I tried to change the "read/writer" drive, it
> > does not show the "DVD Region" tab. Even after I changed the "reader drive"
> > I still get the same message. There are 4 region settings remaining on the
> > reader drive. Your help would be appreciated.
Anonymous
June 16, 2005 8:11:03 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.video (More info?)

I have a Dell inspiron 9300. I haven't been able to play any DVDs because
when I try the pc tells me I need to set my region settings. Which I tried by
following the DVD Throuble shoot guide, I reached the part where I can choose
my region, but when I clicked in United States (Region 1) it tells me that I
need authorization in order to change it... What should I do??
Anonymous
June 16, 2005 8:56:20 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.video (More info?)

You must be logged on as an Administrator in order to change the Regional
Settings. Don't forget you only have 4 changes... on the 5th one it locks.
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging



"Bak_451" <Bak_451@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:C2292C53-5FBD-4E9A-8CF3-A117404FE4A2@microsoft.com...
>I have a Dell inspiron 9300. I haven't been able to play any DVDs because
> when I try the pc tells me I need to set my region settings. Which I tried
> by
> following the DVD Throuble shoot guide, I reached the part where I can
> choose
> my region, but when I clicked in United States (Region 1) it tells me that
> I
> need authorization in order to change it... What should I do??
>
!