Dell Tech Support is the worse......

Vic

I still very disappoint, On March 26th , 2005 in the afternoon I
received a phone call from your services department to schedule your
technician to come to my house for March 30th , 2005, as you may see it
is not even next day, I think if you do not have the man power to offer
a services you should not sale it....I have a vary bad impression from
a business that I always thought was serious and confinable, which make
me recommending to all my customer and friends, but that end now. I
will not recommend your system any more and I will spread the word
around what a worse support system you have..........

When I purshased a Dell system Dimension 8200 I did it with a next day
on site support and now that I need it see what happened......

You not understand. Try tec sypport other company. No any better.
probably worse. I have excellent service dell, but I call part that bad and
dell send new part. I send bad part back free with label dell ship. Other
people complain, say "I call dell tech support for 5 hours". I say, bad
idea, call dell TELL them bad part, dell replace it early next day. No
troubleshooting over phone, tech on phone have no skill, no company can pay
phone sSometime dell insist on replacing laptop motherboard, I say I no
care, less work for me. I still want buy x300 notebook, very small
computer.

By the way, Dell not usually support computer on site, dell have local
computer repairman service computer. Sometimes local repairman cannot be
there next day. 4 day repair not worst thing in the world.

I like hamburgers.

dg wrote:

> You not understand. Try tec sypport other company. No any better.
> probably worse.

Not IBM. If they say "same day" it's same day. If they say "next business
day" it's next business day. HP the same.

> I have excellent service dell, but I call part that bad
> and
> dell send new part. I send bad part back free with label dell ship.
> Other
> people complain, say "I call dell tech support for 5 hours". I say, bad
> idea, call dell TELL them bad part, dell replace it early next day. No
> troubleshooting over phone, tech on phone have no skill, no company can
> pay phone s

If Dell can't pay their phone bill then I for one wouldn't want to take a
chance on one of their products.

> Sometime dell insist on replacing laptop motherboard, I say I
> no
> care, less work for me. I still want buy x300 notebook, very small
> computer.
>
> By the way, Dell not usually support computer on site, dell have local
> computer repairman service computer. Sometimes local repairman cannot be
> there next day. 4 day repair not worst thing in the world.

I don't know how things are in your part of the world, but in the US there
is something called a "contract", and violating one can have serious
consequences. If Dell cannot provide next-day service and yet contracted
to provide it then Dell made a serious error and if they fail to provide
such service then they are liable for actual and punitive damages for
breech of contract. Further, if they _knew_ that they would not be able to
provide such service that is not going to sit too well with the judge. And
Dell's pockets are deep enough to be worth going after.

If they contracted to provide "next day", then 4 days is _not_ acceptable.

> I like hamburgers.

I doubt that you've ever had a hamburger.

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate

Hamburger? I could have sworn curry!

"J. Clarke" <jclarke.usenet@snet.net.invalid> wrote in message
> dg wrote:
>
> > You not understand. Try tec sypport other company. No any better.
> > probably worse.
>
> Not IBM. If they say "same day" it's same day. If they say "next business
> day" it's next business day. HP the same.

I was in a funny mood that day when I replied, the post just hit me in a
funny way. At the last place I worked, we had an IBM AS400 that was key to
the whole county operating. Yes, IBM was on top of getting work done, but
damn-the price we paid for that service contract was out of sight! I mean
CRAZY expensive, I couldn't believe the prices we were paying. Nothing like
a $100 dell service agreement for a PC, but I understand your point.

> If Dell can't pay their phone bill then I for one wouldn't want to take a
> chance on one of their products.

What I meant to say was, the people you talk to on the phone for standard PC
support are total losers reading from a flowchart or something. They don't
HEAR what you are saying the only look for something similar on their chart
or what ever the use. For the price Dell must be paying these folks, they
CANT hire somebody with real skill and experience.

> I don't know how things are in your part of the world, but in the US there
> is something called a "contract", and violating one can have serious
> consequences. If Dell cannot provide next-day service and yet contracted
> to provide it then Dell made a serious error and if they fail to provide
> such service then they are liable for actual and punitive damages for
> breech of contract. Further, if they _knew_ that they would not be able
> provide such service that is not going to sit too well with the judge.
And
> Dell's pockets are deep enough to be worth going after.
>
> If they contracted to provide "next day", then 4 days is _not_ acceptable.

I won't argue with that, but I would also have to see the actual contract.
Maybe it says something to the effect of "we'll request service from your
local provider the SAME day". I really don't know what the contract
actually says. However I have been quite happy with Dell, if I order a new
part on Monday afternoon I have it in my hands Tuesday at 10:00am when fedex
arrives.

--Dan

dg wrote:

> "J. Clarke" <jclarke.usenet@snet.net.invalid> wrote in message
>> dg wrote:
>>
>> > You not understand. Try tec sypport other company. No any better.
>> > probably worse.
>>
>> Not IBM. If they say "same day" it's same day. If they say "next
>> business
>> day" it's next business day. HP the same.
>
> I was in a funny mood that day when I replied, the post just hit me in a
> funny way. At the last place I worked, we had an IBM AS400 that was key
> the whole county operating. Yes, IBM was on top of getting work done, but
> damn-the price we paid for that service contract was out of sight! I mean
> CRAZY expensive, I couldn't believe the prices we were paying. Nothing
> like a $100 dell service agreement for a PC, but I understand your point.
>
>> If Dell can't pay their phone bill then I for one wouldn't want to take a
>> chance on one of their products.
>
> What I meant to say was, the people you talk to on the phone for standard
> PC
> support are total losers reading from a flowchart or something. They
> don't HEAR what you are saying the only look for something similar on
> their chart
> or what ever the use. For the price Dell must be paying these folks, they
> CANT hire somebody with real skill and experience.

That's "Tier 1". If they do anything that's off the script then they're
_not_ doing their job--they're the screeners who make sure that the real
talent isn't bogged down with things like unplugged machines, and they're
not supposed to go haring off on their own. Sometimes it's almost
impossible to get them off their script. If you're sure that you've got a
real problem, then tell whoever answers the phone that you want "Tier 2".
There's also usually a Tier 3.