WTD: txtsetup.oem for Compaq Smart Array 431 SCSI card

Last response: in Storage
a b G Storage
March 31, 2005 11:23:19 AM

Does anyone have this file for installing to Windows XP?

Even better, the entire set of drivers for 2000 / XP?

Have made multiple downloads from the Compaq / HP site but none includes
this file.

Thanks

Odie
--
Retrodata
www.retrodata.co.uk

Odie Ferrous <odie_ferrous@hotmail.com> wrote in

> Does anyone have this file for installing to Windows XP?
>
> Even better, the entire set of drivers for 2000 / XP?
>
> Have made multiple downloads from the Compaq / HP site but none
> includes this file.
>
> Thanks
>

> Odie

Suggest you try posting here for help:

http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/bizsupport/ca...
categoryId=428
Anonymous
a b G Storage
March 31, 2005 4:03:40 PM

On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 07:23:19 +0100, Odie Ferrous
<odie_ferrous@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Does anyone have this file for installing to Windows XP?
>
>Even better, the entire set of drivers for 2000 / XP?
>
>Have made multiple downloads from the Compaq / HP site but none includes
>this file.
>
>Thanks
>

>Odie

Hmmm. Lots of people having the same problem. One fellow solved it in a
round about way: http://www.warp2search.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1446

--
Michael Cecil
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

"Odie Ferrous" <odie_ferrous@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone have this file for installing to Windows XP?
>
> Even better, the entire set of drivers for 2000 / XP?
>
> Have made multiple downloads from the Compaq / HP site but none includes
> this file.
>
> Thanks
>

> Odie
> --
> Retrodata
> www.retrodata.co.uk
> Globally Local Data Recovery Experts

http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/downl...

Dowload the file, and extract it (insted of installing....)

Best regards

Johnnt
Anonymous
a b G Storage
March 31, 2005 11:52:38 PM

Michael Cecil wrote:

> On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 07:23:19 +0100, Odie Ferrous
> <odie_ferrous@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> >Does anyone have this file for installing to Windows XP?
> >
> >Even better, the entire set of drivers for 2000 / XP?
> >
> >Have made multiple downloads from the Compaq / HP site but none includes
> >this file.
> >
> >Thanks
> >

> >Odie
>
> Hmmm. Lots of people having the same problem. One fellow solved it in a
> round about way: http://www.warp2search.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1446
>
> --
> Michael Cecil
> http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/
> http://home.comcast.net/~safehex/

Thanks to both Michael and Peter.

However, I am still eager to obtain (if it exists - probably not by the
looks of things) the txtsetup.oem file.

Sure, the "roundabout" ways will probably work, but I am frustrated that
the .oem file seems unavailable.

The card is a cannibalisation of an Adaptec 39160 but I doubt native
Adaptec drivers will work - it seems Compaq have done their "dirty" with
this card.

And people complain about Microsoft. Sheesh....

Odie
--
Retrodata
www.retrodata.co.uk
Globally Local Data Recovery Experts
March 31, 2005 11:52:39 PM

> Thanks to both Michael and Peter.
>
> However, I am still eager to obtain (if it exists - probably not by the
> looks of things) the txtsetup.oem file.
>
> Sure, the "roundabout" ways will probably work, but I am frustrated that
> the .oem file seems unavailable.
>
> The card is a cannibalisation of an Adaptec 39160 but I doubt native
> Adaptec drivers will work - it seems Compaq have done their "dirty" with
> this card.
>
> And people complain about Microsoft. Sheesh....
> Odie

http://h18000.www1.hp.com/support/files/storage/us/down...
That one is for Windows 2003 and has txtsetup.oem
!