WTD: txtsetup.oem for Compaq Smart Array 431 SCSI card

Does anyone have this file for installing to Windows XP?

Even better, the entire set of drivers for 2000 / XP?

Have made multiple downloads from the Compaq / HP site but none includes
this file.

Thanks

Odie
--
Retrodata
www.retrodata.co.uk

    Odie Ferrous <odie_ferrous@hotmail.com> wrote in

    > Does anyone have this file for installing to Windows XP?
    >
    > Even better, the entire set of drivers for 2000 / XP?
    >
    > Have made multiple downloads from the Compaq / HP site but none
    > includes this file.
    >
    > Thanks
    >

    > Odie

    Suggest you try posting here for help:

    http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/bizsupport/categoryhome.do?
    categoryId=428

    On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 07:23:19 +0100, Odie Ferrous
    <odie_ferrous@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >Does anyone have this file for installing to Windows XP?
    >
    >Even better, the entire set of drivers for 2000 / XP?
    >
    >Have made multiple downloads from the Compaq / HP site but none includes
    >this file.
    >
    >Thanks
    >

    >Odie

    Hmmm. Lots of people having the same problem. One fellow solved it in a
    round about way: http://www.warp2search.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1446

    --
    Michael Cecil
    http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

    "Odie Ferrous" <odie_ferrous@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Does anyone have this file for installing to Windows XP?
    >
    > Even better, the entire set of drivers for 2000 / XP?
    >
    > Have made multiple downloads from the Compaq / HP site but none includes
    > this file.
    >
    > Thanks
    >

    > Odie
    > --
    > Retrodata
    > www.retrodata.co.uk
    > Globally Local Data Recovery Experts

    http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/17669.html

    Dowload the file, and extract it (insted of installing....)

    Best regards

    Johnnt

    Michael Cecil wrote:

    > On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 07:23:19 +0100, Odie Ferrous
    > <odie_ferrous@hotmail.com> wrote:
    >
    > >Does anyone have this file for installing to Windows XP?
    > >
    > >Even better, the entire set of drivers for 2000 / XP?
    > >
    > >Have made multiple downloads from the Compaq / HP site but none includes
    > >this file.
    > >
    > >Thanks
    > >

    > >Odie
    >
    > Hmmm. Lots of people having the same problem. One fellow solved it in a
    > round about way: http://www.warp2search.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1446
    >
    > --
    > Michael Cecil
    > http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/
    > http://home.comcast.net/~safehex/

    Thanks to both Michael and Peter.

    However, I am still eager to obtain (if it exists - probably not by the
    looks of things) the txtsetup.oem file.

    Sure, the "roundabout" ways will probably work, but I am frustrated that
    the .oem file seems unavailable.

    The card is a cannibalisation of an Adaptec 39160 but I doubt native
    Adaptec drivers will work - it seems Compaq have done their "dirty" with
    this card.

    And people complain about Microsoft. Sheesh....

    Odie
    --
    Retrodata
    www.retrodata.co.uk
    Globally Local Data Recovery Experts

    > Thanks to both Michael and Peter.
    >
    > However, I am still eager to obtain (if it exists - probably not by the
    > looks of things) the txtsetup.oem file.
    >
    > Sure, the "roundabout" ways will probably work, but I am frustrated that
    > the .oem file seems unavailable.
    >
    > The card is a cannibalisation of an Adaptec 39160 but I doubt native
    > Adaptec drivers will work - it seems Compaq have done their "dirty" with
    > this card.
    >
    > And people complain about Microsoft. Sheesh....
    > Odie

    http://h18000.www1.hp.com/support/files/storage/us/download/17584.html
    That one is for Windows 2003 and has txtsetup.oem
  6. This is the new link for Compaq RAID LC2 (HP ProLiant Smart Array-2 Controllers Driver for Windows Server 2003) that contains txtsetup.oem file.

    I have looked up the internet 3 days to find it :=)

    http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=266582&prodTypeId=329290&prodSeriesId=374781&swLang=8&taskId=135&swEnvOID=1005

Compaq Windows XP Storage