Sharing CD Rom Write drives on XP Wireless Network

Is it possible to share a CD Rom drive over a wireless network? I would like
to schedule backups to a Write drive on my secondary computer.
--
Andy B.
3 answers Last reply

    Hi

    Yeah it is possible. Wireless is just a replacement to a Wire.

    I.e. what ever you can do with Wire in principle can be done by Wireless.

    However Wireless is slower and less stable than Wired connection.

    So for casual backup of few Files it is OK. I personally would count on a
    whole drive backup through Wireless but YMMV.

    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "Andy" <Andy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Is it possible to share a CD Rom drive over a wireless network? I would
    like
    > to schedule backups to a Write drive on my secondary computer.
    > --
    > Andy B.

    That's good news, but how do I get the drive to be accessable from over the
    network?

    Andy

    "Jack" wrote:

    > Hi
    >
    > Yeah it is possible. Wireless is just a replacement to a Wire.
    >
    > I.e. what ever you can do with Wire in principle can be done by Wireless.
    >
    > However Wireless is slower and less stable than Wired connection.
    >
    > So for casual backup of few Files it is OK. I personally would count on a
    > whole drive backup through Wireless but YMMV.
    >
    > Jack (MVP-Networking).
    >

    > "Andy" <Andy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Is it possible to share a CD Rom drive over a wireless network? I would
    > like
    > > to schedule backups to a Write drive on my secondary computer.
    > > --
    > > Andy B.

    Hi
    Enable it for sharing and Map it.
    For info about Mapping a Drive.
    Log to Windows native help and type mapping into the search.
    Read: Assign a drive letter to a network computer or folder

    > That's good news, but how do I get the drive to be accessable from over
    the
    > network?
    >
    > Andy
    >
    > "Jack" wrote:
    >
    > > Hi
    > >
    > > Yeah it is possible. Wireless is just a replacement to a Wire.
    > >
    > > I.e. what ever you can do with Wire in principle can be done by
    Wireless.

    > > However Wireless is slower and less stable than Wired connection.
    > >
    > > So for casual backup of few Files it is OK. I personally would count on
    > > whole drive backup through Wireless but YMMV.
    > >
    > > Jack (MVP-Networking).
    > >

    > > "Andy" <Andy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > > Is it possible to share a CD Rom drive over a wireless network? I
    would
    > > like
    > > > to schedule backups to a Write drive on my secondary computer.
    > > > --
    > > > Andy B.

Wireless Network CD-Rom Wireless Networking