Sharing CD Rom Write drives on XP Wireless Network

Andy

Is it possible to share a CD Rom drive over a wireless network? I would like
to schedule backups to a Write drive on my secondary computer.
--
Andy B.

Jack

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2003

Hi

Yeah it is possible. Wireless is just a replacement to a Wire.

I.e. what ever you can do with Wire in principle can be done by Wireless.

However Wireless is slower and less stable than Wired connection.

So for casual backup of few Files it is OK. I personally would count on a
whole drive backup through Wireless but YMMV.

Jack (MVP-Networking).

"Andy" <Andy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is it possible to share a CD Rom drive over a wireless network? I would
like
> to schedule backups to a Write drive on my secondary computer.
> --
> Andy B.

Andy

That's good news, but how do I get the drive to be accessable from over the
network?

Andy

"Jack" wrote:

> Hi
>
> Yeah it is possible. Wireless is just a replacement to a Wire.
>
> I.e. what ever you can do with Wire in principle can be done by Wireless.
>
> However Wireless is slower and less stable than Wired connection.
>
> So for casual backup of few Files it is OK. I personally would count on a
> whole drive backup through Wireless but YMMV.
>
> Jack (MVP-Networking).
>

> "Andy" <Andy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Is it possible to share a CD Rom drive over a wireless network? I would
> like
> > to schedule backups to a Write drive on my secondary computer.
> > --
> > Andy B.

Jack

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2003

Hi
Enable it for sharing and Map it.
For info about Mapping a Drive.
Log to Windows native help and type mapping into the search.
Read: Assign a drive letter to a network computer or folder