DV Messenger for Canon Alura60 camera

-- Was this post helpful to you?

I am running XP with the service pack 2 also Mcafee suite. I have a canon
Elura60 digital video recorder,it comes standard with DV Network Software I
have not been able to connect to the camera. On my last attempt I recieved a
message { DV Messenger could not obtain a global IP address. Please check
your network.I recently upgraded to the newest msn messenger and I cannot get
my camera to work properly.If anyone out there can assist please do ASAP!
--
Desprately in need of tech Help

Jay from Myrtle Beach wrote:
> *-- Was this post helpful to you?
>

> I am running XP with the service pack 2 also Mcafee suite. I have a
> canon
> Elura60 digital video recorder,it comes standard with DV Network
> Software I
> have not been able to connect to the camera. On my last attempt I
> recieved a
> message { DV Messenger could not obtain a global IP address. Please
> check
> your network.I recently upgraded to the newest msn messenger and I
> cannot get
> my camera to work properly.If anyone out there can assist please do
> ASAP!
> --
> Desprately in need of tech Help *

If you are behind a firewall, such as a Netgear router, you will need
to enable UPnP. Also, your ISP must be able to provide you with a
Global IP addr. Some cable modem ISP don't do that so check it out.
This info is available in your manual ;-)

--
sohoster