I installed the new SP2 and after rebooting, my video
resolution changed to a 4bit color (?).
I knew it had something to do with my video drivers, so I
went to the Device Manager, and (by mistake) disabled the
video drivers.
After rebooting, I can see the Windows logo and
everithing loading perfectly, but after that, all I have
is a pitch black screen.

I tried the safe mode boot, but it gets stuck loading a
Mup.sys driver, I tried the rest of booting modes and I
still get the black screen.

Any help? ideas? thougs?

Thanks

i am also having the same problem.....i think that the computer is still
running just no video output....i worked out what i would have to do to log
onto the computer.....but nothing ive tried to run has worked...ie system
restore....if you find out anthing on this it would be of great help to me,
as well.

"Geto" wrote:

> I installed the new SP2 and after rebooting, my video
> resolution changed to a 4bit color (?).
> I knew it had something to do with my video drivers, so I
> went to the Device Manager, and (by mistake) disabled the
> video drivers.
> After rebooting, I can see the Windows logo and
> everithing loading perfectly, but after that, all I have
> is a pitch black screen.
>
> I tried the safe mode boot, but it gets stuck loading a
> Mup.sys driver, I tried the rest of booting modes and I
> still get the black screen.
>
> Any help? ideas? thougs?
>
> Thanks

At bootup, press F8. Boot into VGA mode. Then reinstall your graphics
drivers.
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging