Widnows Media Player

I can download videos. but when I play them using windows media player all I
get is the audio. The video portion is blank.

What can I do?

This is a codec issue.

You'll first need to identify with which codec the file was compressed by
using the G-Spot Codec identifier:
http://www.headbands.com/gspot/

Once you know the correct codec, you can then download and install it and
the file should play fine.
www.coribright.com