Movie File Types

September 16, 2004 12:43:05 PM

Why can i not use the format produced by Minolta digital cameras in movie
maker. I think its a SVG format or something...it runs in Quicktime. Is
there somewhere I can convert the movie files? Or do i have to use my cheep
cannon?

More about : movie file types

Anonymous
September 16, 2004 2:03:58 PM

If it's a MOV file it must be played in QuickTime. MovieMaker cannot import
MOV files, but QuickTime Pro can convert it to AVI, which MovieMaker can
then import.
www.coribright.com

"Clinton" <Clinton@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Why can i not use the format produced by Minolta digital cameras in movie
> maker. I think its a SVG format or something...it runs in Quicktime. Is
> there somewhere I can convert the movie files? Or do i have to use my
> cheep
> cannon?
Anonymous
September 17, 2004 12:10:39 AM

As far as I know SVG is scaleable vector graphics, which is a weird one. If
quicktime plays it, hopefully it may be able to convert it.

--
Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media
> If it's a MOV file it must be played in QuickTime. MovieMaker cannot
import
> MOV files, but QuickTime Pro can convert it to AVI, which MovieMaker can
> then import.
> --
> Cari (MS-MVP Printing, Imaging & Hardware)
> www.coribright.com
>
> "Clinton" <Clinton@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Why can i not use the format produced by Minolta digital cameras in
movie
> > maker. I think its a SVG format or something...it runs in Quicktime. Is
> > there somewhere I can convert the movie files? Or do i have to use my
> > cheep
> > cannon?

Related resources
September 17, 2004 12:01:28 PM

Okay, you answered my question...but i'm cheep. Is there a free program that
i can download that can convert my file. If not, what other programs do you
know that can do the same thing, such as Microsoft or other brand. Thank
you!!

"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> If it's a MOV file it must be played in QuickTime. MovieMaker cannot import
> MOV files, but QuickTime Pro can convert it to AVI, which MovieMaker can
> then import.
> --
> Cari (MS-MVP Printing, Imaging & Hardware)
> www.coribright.com
>
> "Clinton" <Clinton@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Why can i not use the format produced by Minolta digital cameras in movie
> > maker. I think its a SVG format or something...it runs in Quicktime. Is
> > there somewhere I can convert the movie files? Or do i have to use my
> > cheep
> > cannon?

September 17, 2004 12:09:08 PM

Where can i find this? and is it easy to use? Thank you for answering.

"Graham Hughes" wrote:

> As far as I know SVG is scaleable vector graphics, which is a weird one. If
> quicktime plays it, hopefully it may be able to convert it.
>
> --
> Graham Hughes
> MVP Digital Media
> www.dvds2treasure.com
> www.simplydv.com
> "Cari (MS-MVP)" <Newsgroups1@coribright.com> wrote in message
> > If it's a MOV file it must be played in QuickTime. MovieMaker cannot
> import
> > MOV files, but QuickTime Pro can convert it to AVI, which MovieMaker can
> > then import.
> > --
> > Cari (MS-MVP Printing, Imaging & Hardware)
> > www.coribright.com
> >
> > "Clinton" <Clinton@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Why can i not use the format produced by Minolta digital cameras in
> movie
> > > maker. I think its a SVG format or something...it runs in Quicktime. Is
> > > there somewhere I can convert the movie files? Or do i have to use my
> > > cheep
> > > cannon?

September 18, 2004 9:08:06 PM

Rad Video Tools
http://www.radgametools.com/bnkdown.htm

can do the conversion from Quicktime to AVI
--
Rehan
www.rehanfx.org - get transitions and effects for Windows MovieMaker

> Okay, you answered my question...but i'm cheep. Is there a free program
> that
> i can download that can convert my file. If not, what other programs do
> you
> know that can do the same thing, such as Microsoft or other brand. Thank
> you!!
>
> "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:
>
>> If it's a MOV file it must be played in QuickTime. MovieMaker cannot
>> import
>> MOV files, but QuickTime Pro can convert it to AVI, which MovieMaker can
>> then import.
>> --
>> Cari (MS-MVP Printing, Imaging & Hardware)
>> www.coribright.com
>>
>> "Clinton" <Clinton@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Why can i not use the format produced by Minolta digital cameras in
>> > movie
>> > maker. I think its a SVG format or something...it runs in Quicktime.
>> > Is
>> > there somewhere I can convert the movie files? Or do i have to use my
>> > cheep
>> > cannon?

September 23, 2004 11:27:03 AM

i went ahead and bought the Quicktime license. It works wonderfull!! I fully
recommend it.

!