Movie File Types

Why can i not use the format produced by Minolta digital cameras in movie
maker. I think its a SVG format or something...it runs in Quicktime. Is
there somewhere I can convert the movie files? Or do i have to use my cheep
cannon?
6 answers Last reply
More about movie file types

    If it's a MOV file it must be played in QuickTime. MovieMaker cannot import
    MOV files, but QuickTime Pro can convert it to AVI, which MovieMaker can
    then import.
    www.coribright.com

    "Clinton" <Clinton@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Why can i not use the format produced by Minolta digital cameras in movie
    > maker. I think its a SVG format or something...it runs in Quicktime. Is
    > there somewhere I can convert the movie files? Or do i have to use my
    > cheep
    > cannon?

    As far as I know SVG is scaleable vector graphics, which is a weird one. If
    quicktime plays it, hopefully it may be able to convert it.

    --
    Graham Hughes
    MVP Digital Media
    > If it's a MOV file it must be played in QuickTime. MovieMaker cannot
    import
    > MOV files, but QuickTime Pro can convert it to AVI, which MovieMaker can
    > then import.
    > --
    > Cari (MS-MVP Printing, Imaging & Hardware)
    > www.coribright.com
    >
    > "Clinton" <Clinton@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Why can i not use the format produced by Minolta digital cameras in
    movie
    > > maker. I think its a SVG format or something...it runs in Quicktime. Is
    > > there somewhere I can convert the movie files? Or do i have to use my
    > > cheep
    > > cannon?

    Okay, you answered my question...but i'm cheep. Is there a free program that
    i can download that can convert my file. If not, what other programs do you
    know that can do the same thing, such as Microsoft or other brand. Thank
    you!!

    "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

    > If it's a MOV file it must be played in QuickTime. MovieMaker cannot import
    > MOV files, but QuickTime Pro can convert it to AVI, which MovieMaker can
    > then import.
    > --
    > Cari (MS-MVP Printing, Imaging & Hardware)
    > www.coribright.com
    >
    > "Clinton" <Clinton@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Why can i not use the format produced by Minolta digital cameras in movie
    > > maker. I think its a SVG format or something...it runs in Quicktime. Is
    > > there somewhere I can convert the movie files? Or do i have to use my
    > > cheep
    > > cannon?

    Where can i find this? and is it easy to use? Thank you for answering.

    "Graham Hughes" wrote:

    > As far as I know SVG is scaleable vector graphics, which is a weird one. If
    > quicktime plays it, hopefully it may be able to convert it.
    >
    > --
    > Graham Hughes
    > MVP Digital Media
    > www.dvds2treasure.com
    > www.simplydv.com
    > "Cari (MS-MVP)" <Newsgroups1@coribright.com> wrote in message
    > > If it's a MOV file it must be played in QuickTime. MovieMaker cannot
    > import
    > > MOV files, but QuickTime Pro can convert it to AVI, which MovieMaker can
    > > then import.
    > > --
    > > Cari (MS-MVP Printing, Imaging & Hardware)
    > > www.coribright.com
    > >
    > > "Clinton" <Clinton@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > > Why can i not use the format produced by Minolta digital cameras in
    > movie
    > > > maker. I think its a SVG format or something...it runs in Quicktime. Is
    > > > there somewhere I can convert the movie files? Or do i have to use my
    > > > cheep
    > > > cannon?

    Rad Video Tools
    http://www.radgametools.com/bnkdown.htm

    can do the conversion from Quicktime to AVI
    --
    Rehan
    www.rehanfx.org - get transitions and effects for Windows MovieMaker

    > Okay, you answered my question...but i'm cheep. Is there a free program
    > that
    > i can download that can convert my file. If not, what other programs do
    > you
    > know that can do the same thing, such as Microsoft or other brand. Thank
    > you!!
    >
    > "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:
    >
    >> If it's a MOV file it must be played in QuickTime. MovieMaker cannot
    >> import
    >> MOV files, but QuickTime Pro can convert it to AVI, which MovieMaker can
    >> then import.
    >> --
    >> Cari (MS-MVP Printing, Imaging & Hardware)
    >> www.coribright.com
    >>
    >> "Clinton" <Clinton@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> > Why can i not use the format produced by Minolta digital cameras in
    >> > movie
    >> > maker. I think its a SVG format or something...it runs in Quicktime.
    >> > Is
    >> > there somewhere I can convert the movie files? Or do i have to use my
    >> > cheep
    >> > cannon?

    i went ahead and bought the Quicktime license. It works wonderfull!! I fully
    recommend it.

    "Rehan" wrote:

    > Rad Video Tools
    > http://www.radgametools.com/bnkdown.htm
    >
    > can do the conversion from Quicktime to AVI
    > --
    > Rehan
    > www.rehanfx.org - get transitions and effects for Windows MovieMaker
    >

    > "Clinton" <Clinton@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Okay, you answered my question...but i'm cheep. Is there a free program
    > > that
    > > i can download that can convert my file. If not, what other programs do
    > > you
    > > know that can do the same thing, such as Microsoft or other brand. Thank
    > > you!!
    > >
    > > "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:
    > >
    > >> If it's a MOV file it must be played in QuickTime. MovieMaker cannot
    > >> import
    > >> MOV files, but QuickTime Pro can convert it to AVI, which MovieMaker can
    > >> then import.
    > >> --
    > >> Cari (MS-MVP Printing, Imaging & Hardware)
    > >> www.coribright.com
    > >>
    > >> "Clinton" <Clinton@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Video Movies Format Windows XP