Question about burning recorded TV to DVD

I posted an earler question, but didn't gat any response. Maybe I didn't
phrase it clearly. I am using the Windows XP Media Center, and have
recorded a number of TV shows to my hard disk. I want to be able to burn
them to a DVD-R so that they will play on my TV via a regular DVD player.
It doesn't seem like Microsoft provided the software necessary to convert
the recorded TV shows (which are in DVR-ms) format to the DVD format (MPEG2
I think) so my question is: is there a way to do this using the Media Center
software, and if not, does anyone know what software to use to make the
conversion and burn the DVD's. I am sure this question must have come up
many times, or else I am just missing something. Any help will be
appreciated. Thanks, Hugh

Hi Hugh,
Sorry for no replies earlier.
See here
http://www.videohelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=130391
www.papajohn and look for the media centre pieces at importing source files
video recorded tv.
Could use this to convert to WMV
http://www.thegreenbutton.com/downloads.aspx

Graham

--
Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media
"Hugh Epley" <hughepley@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I posted an earler question, but didn't gat any response. Maybe I didn't
> phrase it clearly. I am using the Windows XP Media Center, and have
> recorded a number of TV shows to my hard disk. I want to be able to burn
> them to a DVD-R so that they will play on my TV via a regular DVD player.
> It doesn't seem like Microsoft provided the software necessary to convert
> the recorded TV shows (which are in DVR-ms) format to the DVD format
(MPEG2
> I think) so my question is: is there a way to do this using the Media
Center
> software, and if not, does anyone know what software to use to make the
> conversion and burn the DVD's. I am sure this question must have come
up
> many times, or else I am just missing something. Any help will be
> appreciated. Thanks, Hugh

TRENDING THREADS