how can I fix my hard drive. (physical damage I think)

When I do fdisk, it reconginize my drive. But when I try to partition
or do anything it won't do anything. And it does make strange sounds
when I turn on my computer.

when I use Partition Magic 8 (the rescue disks in dos) it said bad
partition, and I can't do anything.

I want to open up and look inside, but I can't unscrew some werids
screws... lol

thanks.
7 answers Last reply
More about hard drive physical damage think

    Previously nhantran1986@gmail.com <nhantran1986@gmail.com> wrote:
    > When I do fdisk, it reconginize my drive. But when I try to partition
    > or do anything it won't do anything. And it does make strange sounds
    > when I turn on my computer.

    > when I use Partition Magic 8 (the rescue disks in dos) it said bad
    > partition, and I can't do anything.

    > I want to open up and look inside, but I can't unscrew some werids
    > screws... lol

    That is intentional. Opening a drive without a clean room and the
    necessary tools, knowledge and experience is certain death to that
    drive. Not necessarily immediate death, but it will not live long.

    Arno

    <nhantran1986@gmail.com> wrote in message

    > When I do fdisk, it reconginize my drive. But when I try
    > to partition or do anything it won't do anything. And it
    > does make strange sounds when I turn on my computer.

    Thats usually pretty good evidence that its dying.

    You into necrophilia ?

    > when I use Partition Magic 8 (the rescue disks in dos)
    > it said bad partition, and I can't do anything.

    Run the hard drive manufacturer's diagnostic on the drive.

    > I want to open up and look inside, but I
    > can't unscrew some werids screws... lol

    See above on necrophilia.

    > > I want to open up and look inside,

    Only do that once you have given up all hope of recovering the data... but
    you know that right?

    "Arno Wagner" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message news:3bgs3kF6j6fe3U3@individual.net
    > Previously nhantran1986@gmail.com <nhantran1986@gmail.com> wrote:
    > > When I do fdisk, it reconginize my drive. But when I try to partition
    > > or do anything it won't do anything. And it does make strange sounds
    > > when I turn on my computer.
    >
    > > when I use Partition Magic 8 (the rescue disks in dos) it said bad
    > > partition, and I can't do anything.
    >
    > > I want to open up and look inside, but I can't unscrew some werids
    > > screws... lol
    >
    > That is intentional.

    If it was intentional, they wouldn't have used standard Torx screws.
    They would have used a more specialized screw like Torq-Set
    (offset Philips),Triwing (Philips like) or Robertson (square).
    Or used tamper resistant Torx (with pin inside) at a minimum.
    Standard Torx can even be removed with a standard blade screw
    driver (the ones used for watches) if it is sufficiently hardened.

    "Folkert Rienstra" <see_reply-to@myweb.nl> wrote in message
    > "Arno Wagner" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
    >> Previously nhantran1986@gmail.com <nhantran1986@gmail.com> wrote:
    >> > When I do fdisk, it reconginize my drive. But when I try to partition
    >> > or do anything it won't do anything. And it does make strange sounds
    >> > when I turn on my computer.
    >>
    >> > when I use Partition Magic 8 (the rescue disks in dos) it said bad
    >> > partition, and I can't do anything.
    >>
    >> > I want to open up and look inside, but I can't unscrew some werids
    >> > screws... lol
    >>
    >> That is intentional.
    >
    > If it was intentional, they wouldn't have used standard Torx screws.
    > They would have used a more specialized screw like Torq-Set
    > (offset Philips),Triwing (Philips like) or Robertson (square).
    > Or used tamper resistant Torx (with pin inside) at a minimum.
    > Standard Torx can even be removed with a standard blade screw
    > driver (the ones used for watches) if it is sufficiently hardened.

    OTOH its obviously why a standard philips head wasnt used.

    "Rod Speed" <rod_speed@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:3blcsjF6dghvbU1@individual.net
    > "Folkert Rienstra" <see_reply-to@myweb.nl> wrote in message news:42555c4f$0$886$892e7fe2@authen.white.readfreenews.net...

    > > > That is intentional.
    > >
    > > If it was intentional, they wouldn't have used standard Torx screws.
    > > They would have used a more specialized screw like Torq-Set
    > > (offset Philips), Triwing (Philips like) or Robertson (square).
    > > Or used tamper resistant Torx (with pin inside) at a minimum.
    > > Standard Torx can even be removed with a standard blade screw
    > > driver (the ones used for watches) if it is sufficiently hardened.
    >
    > OTOH its obviously why a standard philips head wasnt used.

    What is?
    (*IF* there's even a standard for the philips screw head ;-))

    Often a cheap philips screw driver fits better than the professional type
    but then maybe that's b.c. of most of the screws themselfs aren't 'standard'?

    > "Rod Speed" <rod_speed@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >> "Folkert Rienstra" <see_reply-to@myweb.nl> wrote in message
    >> > "Arno Wagner" me@privacy.net> wrote in message

    >> > If it was intentional, they wouldn't have used standard Torx screws.
    >> > They would have used a more specialized screw like Torq-Set
    >> > (offset Philips), Triwing (Philips like) or Robertson (square).
    >> > Or used tamper resistant Torx (with pin inside) at a minimum.
    >> > Standard Torx can even be removed with a standard blade screw
    >> > driver (the ones used for watches) if it is sufficiently hardened.
    >>
    >> OTOH its obviously why a standard philips head wasnt used.
    >
    > What is?
    > (*IF* there's even a standard for the philips screw head ;-))
    >
    > Often a cheap philips screw driver fits better than the professional type
    > but then maybe that's b.c. of most of the screws themselfs aren't 'standard'?

    Even you should be able to manage a more viable troll than that pathetic effort.

Hard Drives Storage