how can I fix my hard drive. (physical damage I think)

When I do fdisk, it reconginize my drive. But when I try to partition
or do anything it won't do anything. And it does make strange sounds
when I turn on my computer.

when I use Partition Magic 8 (the rescue disks in dos) it said bad
partition, and I can't do anything.

I want to open up and look inside, but I can't unscrew some werids
screws... lol

thanks.

Previously nhantran1986@gmail.com <nhantran1986@gmail.com> wrote:
> When I do fdisk, it reconginize my drive. But when I try to partition
> or do anything it won't do anything. And it does make strange sounds
> when I turn on my computer.

> when I use Partition Magic 8 (the rescue disks in dos) it said bad
> partition, and I can't do anything.

> I want to open up and look inside, but I can't unscrew some werids
> screws... lol

That is intentional. Opening a drive without a clean room and the
necessary tools, knowledge and experience is certain death to that
drive. Not necessarily immediate death, but it will not live long.

Arno

<nhantran1986@gmail.com> wrote in message

> When I do fdisk, it reconginize my drive. But when I try
> to partition or do anything it won't do anything. And it
> does make strange sounds when I turn on my computer.

Thats usually pretty good evidence that its dying.

You into necrophilia ?

> when I use Partition Magic 8 (the rescue disks in dos)
> it said bad partition, and I can't do anything.

Run the hard drive manufacturer's diagnostic on the drive.

> I want to open up and look inside, but I
> can't unscrew some werids screws... lol

See above on necrophilia.

> > I want to open up and look inside,

Only do that once you have given up all hope of recovering the data... but
you know that right?

"Arno Wagner" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message news:3bgs3kF6j6fe3U3@individual.net
> Previously nhantran1986@gmail.com <nhantran1986@gmail.com> wrote:
> > When I do fdisk, it reconginize my drive. But when I try to partition
> > or do anything it won't do anything. And it does make strange sounds
> > when I turn on my computer.
>
> > when I use Partition Magic 8 (the rescue disks in dos) it said bad
> > partition, and I can't do anything.
>
> > I want to open up and look inside, but I can't unscrew some werids
> > screws... lol
>
> That is intentional.

If it was intentional, they wouldn't have used standard Torx screws.
They would have used a more specialized screw like Torq-Set
(offset Philips),Triwing (Philips like) or Robertson (square).
Or used tamper resistant Torx (with pin inside) at a minimum.
Standard Torx can even be removed with a standard blade screw
driver (the ones used for watches) if it is sufficiently hardened.

"Folkert Rienstra" <see_reply-to@myweb.nl> wrote in message
> "Arno Wagner" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
>> Previously nhantran1986@gmail.com <nhantran1986@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > When I do fdisk, it reconginize my drive. But when I try to partition
>> > or do anything it won't do anything. And it does make strange sounds
>> > when I turn on my computer.
>>
>> > when I use Partition Magic 8 (the rescue disks in dos) it said bad
>> > partition, and I can't do anything.
>>
>> > I want to open up and look inside, but I can't unscrew some werids
>> > screws... lol
>>
>> That is intentional.
>
> If it was intentional, they wouldn't have used standard Torx screws.
> They would have used a more specialized screw like Torq-Set
> (offset Philips),Triwing (Philips like) or Robertson (square).
> Or used tamper resistant Torx (with pin inside) at a minimum.
> Standard Torx can even be removed with a standard blade screw
> driver (the ones used for watches) if it is sufficiently hardened.

OTOH its obviously why a standard philips head wasnt used.

"Rod Speed" <rod_speed@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:3blcsjF6dghvbU1@individual.net
> "Folkert Rienstra" <see_reply-to@myweb.nl> wrote in message news:42555c4f$0$886$892e7fe2@authen.white.readfreenews.net...

> > > That is intentional.
> >
> > If it was intentional, they wouldn't have used standard Torx screws.
> > They would have used a more specialized screw like Torq-Set
> > (offset Philips), Triwing (Philips like) or Robertson (square).
> > Or used tamper resistant Torx (with pin inside) at a minimum.
> > Standard Torx can even be removed with a standard blade screw
> > driver (the ones used for watches) if it is sufficiently hardened.
>
> OTOH its obviously why a standard philips head wasnt used.

What is?
(*IF* there's even a standard for the philips screw head ;-))

Often a cheap philips screw driver fits better than the professional type
but then maybe that's b.c. of most of the screws themselfs aren't 'standard'?

> "Rod Speed" <rod_speed@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> "Folkert Rienstra" <see_reply-to@myweb.nl> wrote in message
>> > "Arno Wagner" me@privacy.net> wrote in message

>> > If it was intentional, they wouldn't have used standard Torx screws.
>> > They would have used a more specialized screw like Torq-Set
>> > (offset Philips), Triwing (Philips like) or Robertson (square).
>> > Or used tamper resistant Torx (with pin inside) at a minimum.
>> > Standard Torx can even be removed with a standard blade screw
>> > driver (the ones used for watches) if it is sufficiently hardened.
>>
>> OTOH its obviously why a standard philips head wasnt used.
>
> What is?
> (*IF* there's even a standard for the philips screw head ;-))
>
> Often a cheap philips screw driver fits better than the professional type
> but then maybe that's b.c. of most of the screws themselfs aren't 'standard'?

Even you should be able to manage a more viable troll than that pathetic effort.

TRENDING THREADS