Windows Wireless Utility or Manufacturer's?

Tags:
  • Wireless
  • Wireless Networking
August 30, 2004 4:20:48 AM

All wireless cards seem to come with the manufacturer's utility for
configuring the connection. To use it you have to disable Windows own
wireless configuration utility.

The manufacturer's recommend using theirs, which has a fancier-looking GUI.
(In my case, D-Link and Netgear, for two different cards.)

Which do people find work more reliably however? The one built into Windows,
or the one that comes with the card?

In my case using Windows XP Pro on two computers, one is upgraded to SP2,
the other isn't.

More about : windows wireless utility manufacturer