How to AUTOMATICALLY bupT.Bird address book? automatic BUP

ittiandro

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2010
ref.
Thunderbird 3.1.7

I want to schedule automatic BUP's of the Thunderbird Address Book as new entries are added, just in case the system crashes and I have to recover it. I don't want to do it manually every time. How can I schedule such an AUTOMATIC back up? The problem is that the Address Book is stored in the Thunderbird Profiles folder as a MAB file, but it needs to be converted into a LDIF file format in order to be imported into Thunderbird, via the IMPORT command on the TOOLS menu. This conversion cannot be done automatically with any of the File BUP systems I tried, like Backup Maker or Handy BackUP, etc. . It has to be done manually. So I am back to square one. Unless there is a synchronization feature in Thunderbird facility like the one in Mozilla Firefox.

Can you help, please?

Thank you

Ittiandro

If the file is MAB, why not just copy the file and paste it in the old location when you need to restore it. Easy way to check if it works with just making a copy of the file. Make a copy of the file, make a change, restore your copy to the original place and see if your change dissapeared. If that works, just set your backup software to backup this file.

ittiandro

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2010
Thank you.

I could do this as a ONE TIME operation, but the ADDRESS book gets constantly changed with new additions and the MAB file grows accordingly. So I'd have to periodically copy/ export/save it manually as a LDIF file , which is precisely what I wanted to avoid. I want to have a fully automated scheduled Back up .

Thank you anyway

F.V.

I think you missed what I wrote. Copy the MAB file not the export file.