Un-RAIDing a drive

I Think I might need to change my motherboard if I can make it work
(memory banks problems).

I used the Onboard Promise (PDC20276) RAID controller in my Gigabyte
8irxp board to mount the drives.

Does anyone know if I could just use that drive without formating it in
another system without the RAID controler?

Regards
Fede

Previously Paiasoloco <fcalvo@gmail.com> wrote:
> I Think I might need to change my motherboard if I can make it work
> (memory banks problems).

> I used the Onboard Promise (PDC20276) RAID controller in my Gigabyte
> 8irxp board to mount the drives.

> Does anyone know if I could just use that drive without formating it in
> another system without the RAID controler?

Should not be a problem. If it is, just blank the beginning of the drive
(has been discussed in this group countless times, often as "securely
erase disk" or thye like).

If it works, then all is fine. If not, blank it and it will work.
Of course your data is gone (or it gets more complicated), but
you know and expect that, right?

Arno