a .mov file player other than quicktime?

is there a free .mov file player? i had quicktime but it keeps
asking me to upgrade and keeps inserting a file to launch at startup.
i remove it and it keeps coming back. ..so i uninstalled QT.

thanks
alan

Jerry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

QuickTime is free. Just ignore the update requests. It is up to version
6.5.1 - if that is what the upgrade message was about.

"Poinky Doinker" <Poinky_Doinker@YourHouse.Now> wrote in message
> is there a free .mov file player? i had quicktime but it keeps
> asking me to upgrade and keeps inserting a file to launch at startup.
> i remove it and it keeps coming back. ..so i uninstalled QT.
>
> thanks
> alan

rehan

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2004

> so i uninstalled QT.

I think you did right. Any program that performs that sort of nuisance is
not worth any machine. I also gave up on Quicktime and RealPlayer long time
ago due to exactly the same reason. Fortunately some good folks have
provided alternatives:

QuickTime Alternative
http://www.free-codecs.com/download/QuickTime_Alternative.htm

Real player Alternative
http://www.free-codecs.com/download/Real_Alternative.htm

--
Rehan
www.rehanfx.org - get transitions and effects for Windows MovieMaker

> QuickTime is free. Just ignore the update requests. It is up to version
> 6.5.1 - if that is what the upgrade message was about.
>
> "Poinky Doinker" <Poinky_Doinker@YourHouse.Now> wrote in message
>> is there a free .mov file player? i had quicktime but it keeps
>> asking me to upgrade and keeps inserting a file to launch at startup.
>> i remove it and it keeps coming back. ..so i uninstalled QT.
>>
>> thanks
>> alan

It just that I HATE any program that keeps setting itself up without my
knowledge.
Would rather do without .mov files if thats my only choice.

Alan

"Rehan" <someone@somewhere.com> wrote in message
>> so i uninstalled QT.
>
> I think you did right. Any program that performs that sort of nuisance is
> not worth any machine. I also gave up on Quicktime and RealPlayer long
> time ago due to exactly the same reason. Fortunately some good folks have
> provided alternatives:
>
> QuickTime Alternative
> http://www.free-codecs.com/download/QuickTime_Alternative.htm
>
> Real player Alternative
> http://www.free-codecs.com/download/Real_Alternative.htm
>

> --
> Rehan
> www.rehanfx.org - get transitions and effects for Windows MovieMaker
>

> "Poinky Doinker" <Poinky_Doinker@YourHouse.Now> wrote in message
>> is there a free .mov file player? i had quicktime but it keeps
>> asking me to upgrade and keeps inserting a file to launch at startup.
>> i remove it and it keeps coming back. ..so i uninstalled QT.
>>
>> thanks
>> alan

Thanks. I'll check it out.

TRENDING THREADS