Upside down Screen

I have a Compaq Armada E500 laptop and I want to be able
to play DVD's upside down. The laptop is to be stuck to
the roof of my car (inside) with the screen coming down.
I have tried all the settings I can find but nothing to
invert the screen. It has an ATI Rage Mobility graphics
card.
6 answers Last reply
More about upside screen

    I don't believe ATI cards have that ability. nVidia cards to, but since
    it's a notebook, it's impossible to change the graphics chipset.
    www.coribright.com

    "Sean" <seanbyrne@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >I have a Compaq Armada E500 laptop and I want to be able
    > to play DVD's upside down. The laptop is to be stuck to
    > the roof of my car (inside) with the screen coming down.
    > I have tried all the settings I can find but nothing to
    > invert the screen. It has an ATI Rage Mobility graphics
    > card.

    There used to be a gag product that would do that. Havent seen it in years
    but I do remember seeing a client with it on their system and it did in fact
    flip all the graphics upside down. I will nose around and see if I can
    locate it.

    "Jim" <noaccount@nospam.net> wrote in

    > There used to be a gag product that would do that. Havent seen it in
    > years but I do remember seeing a client with it on their system and it
    > did in fact flip all the graphics upside down. I will nose around and
    > see if I can locate it.

    It's called ScreenInvert.exe. It flips the screen until <Esc> is
    typed.

    I have no idea who authored it. I got it as part of a prank at work
    many years ago. It was one of those annoying, but neat little programs
    that made the rounds in engineering.

    It's only a 5Kb file. If you want, I can e-mail it to you.

    Max

    There were two gag programs. One was
    called "australia.exe" and the other one
    was "badboy.exe". Tried them both and they do work, until
    you click the mouse or touch a key. There must be a
    program that will keep it there.

    Sean

    Rage mobility is an old video system that is used by Compaq Armada...
    othewise later graphics cards and drivers from ATi allow rotation
    (e.g. see the screen shot at:
    http://www.rageunderground.com/articles/R9000Pro/index-3.shtml).

    --
    Rehan
    www.rehanfx.org - get transitions and effects for Windows MovieMaker

    "Sean" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:40d001c49e87
    $d0061690$a601280a@phx.gbl:

    > There were two gag programs. One was
    > called "australia.exe" and the other one
    > was "badboy.exe". Tried them both and they do work, until
    > you click the mouse or touch a key. There must be a
    > program that will keep it there.
    >
    > Sean

    Well shoot, Sean. :-) I read your note, and went back and checked. The
    ScreenInvert.exe I have is just as you describe, Any key or mouse-click
    turns it off. I thought it was just the <Esc> key.

    I'll still send it, if you want it (other Sean), but it's not pobably as
    useful for you as I first thought.

    TTFN, Max

Video Laptops Windows XP