I can't capture movies on windows mivie maker

I'm having some problems with my digital camcorder (JVC). The only stuff I'm
using to capture movies from camcorder and burn a CD, is Windows Movie Maker.
It really made me teed off! Because that isn't the first time I'm having
such a problem, that's the second time. If my memory serves me I've had such
a problems once before. Last summer, I suppose.
Ok, let's not to beat around the bush. I'll go straight to the point.
Well, I set the USB cable into the computer; switch the camcorder on and run
Windows Movie Maker. Then I click on Capture Movie from Device,
Then another application runs, in which asking for the video device, audio
device and so on. Then again I click on next and again next. But that was
just the half of it. After all, another application runs asking the video
setting, well, I choose "Best Quality" and then I click on next. Here is the
point; an error message runs saying: "An interface has too many methods to
fire the events from".
Everything is right and exactly as written in the manual, I suppose! It's
six of one and half a dozen of another!
Under normal circumstances it should have worked! But no dice!
Please help me out solving this problem. I hope you'll work out the answer!

Use firewire.
www.coribright.com

"sia_kh" <sia_kh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm having some problems with my digital camcorder (JVC). The only stuff
> I'm
> using to capture movies from camcorder and burn a CD, is Windows Movie
> Maker.
> It really made me teed off! Because that isn't the first time I'm having
> such a problem, that's the second time. If my memory serves me I've had
> such
> a problems once before. Last summer, I suppose.
> Ok, let's not to beat around the bush. I'll go straight to the point.
> Well, I set the USB cable into the computer; switch the camcorder on and
> run
> Windows Movie Maker. Then I click on Capture Movie from Device,
> Then another application runs, in which asking for the video device, audio
> device and so on. Then again I click on next and again next. But that was
> just the half of it. After all, another application runs asking the video
> setting, well, I choose "Best Quality" and then I click on next. Here is
> the
> point; an error message runs saying: "An interface has too many methods to
> fire the events from".
> Everything is right and exactly as written in the manual, I suppose! It's
> six of one and half a dozen of another!
> Under normal circumstances it should have worked! But no dice!
> Please help me out solving this problem. I hope you'll work out the
> answer!

Hi Sia --

The documentation on most of the JVC DV cameras on their website say: "USB
PC Link for Video CD Creation, Email Video Clips (MPEG-4 Streaming and
MPEG-1 Video Capture)" -- Movie Maker doesn't currently support MPEG
capture.

Cari's suggestion is your best bet; The IEEE-1394 connection should let you
capture your content from your camera via Movie Maker.

Hope this Helps!
-Kristen Miller [MS]
This posting is provided "as is" with no warranties, and confers no rights

"sia_kh" <sia_kh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm having some problems with my digital camcorder (JVC). The only stuff
I'm
> using to capture movies from camcorder and burn a CD, is Windows Movie
Maker.
> It really made me teed off! Because that isn't the first time I'm having
> such a problem, that's the second time. If my memory serves me I've had
such
> a problems once before. Last summer, I suppose.
> Ok, let's not to beat around the bush. I'll go straight to the point.
> Well, I set the USB cable into the computer; switch the camcorder on and
run
> Windows Movie Maker. Then I click on Capture Movie from Device,
> Then another application runs, in which asking for the video device, audio
> device and so on. Then again I click on next and again next. But that was
> just the half of it. After all, another application runs asking the video
> setting, well, I choose "Best Quality" and then I click on next. Here is
the
> point; an error message runs saying: "An interface has too many methods to
> fire the events from".
> Everything is right and exactly as written in the manual, I suppose! It's
> six of one and half a dozen of another!
> Under normal circumstances it should have worked! But no dice!
> Please help me out solving this problem. I hope you'll work out the
answer!

eb

I have had the exact same problem as Sia when I have attempted to capture
video via MM2 from VHS (select "Capture Movie from Device"; "Best Quality";
then det the error message "An interface has too many methods to fire events
from").

I have been using Belkin Videobus II with MGI Videowave 4 software and while
this works, it only captures video in AVI format which a) chews up heaps of
memory and b) results in poor quality productions when converted into mpeg or
other file formats using MM.

The REALLY REALLY ANNOYING thing is that MM1 used to work perfectly in
capturing directly to mpeg-1 format via my Videobus, and mpeg-1 is very
economical on memory and better quality than wmv or mpeg files produced from
captured avi.

I would keep to MM1/SP1 but SP2 with its antivirus/antiworm features is a
virtual neccessity these days to save your system from getting attacked.

I have tried the following other software to no avail so far:
-Nero 6 and PowerProducer 2 don't support capture on my system.
-Roxio (which bought out MGI) Easy DVD and CD Creator 6 will capture in mpeg
2 format without sound (!)

Papajohn (www.papajohn.org) seems to suggest purchasing Pinnacle as a
possible solution to this problem. Frankly, I don't want to spend another
cent on software or transfer devices until I know its going to work!

I make this post for two reasons:

1. To clarify whether firewire will fix the problem for sure (I already have
Videobus which does the job with the right software), and

2. In the hope that Microsoft will issue a patch or additional capture
templates etc for MM2 to permit capture in mpeg (1,2 or 4 - I don't care)
format.

My system specs:
Model: Dell Inspiron 1100 notebook with inbuilt video capture card
Optical drive: NEC DVD+RW ND-6100A
Operating system: XP Professional with Service Pack 2
Transfer device: Belkin Videobus II

eb

"Kristen Miller [MS]" wrote:

> Hi Sia --
>
> The documentation on most of the JVC DV cameras on their website say: "USB
> PC Link for Video CD Creation, Email Video Clips (MPEG-4 Streaming and
> MPEG-1 Video Capture)" -- Movie Maker doesn't currently support MPEG
> capture.
>
> Cari's suggestion is your best bet; The IEEE-1394 connection should let you
> capture your content from your camera via Movie Maker.
>
> Hope this Helps!
> -Kristen Miller [MS]
> This posting is provided "as is" with no warranties, and confers no rights
>

> "sia_kh" <sia_kh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I'm having some problems with my digital camcorder (JVC). The only stuff
> I'm
> > using to capture movies from camcorder and burn a CD, is Windows Movie
> Maker.
> > It really made me teed off! Because that isn't the first time I'm having
> > such a problem, that's the second time. If my memory serves me I've had
> such
> > a problems once before. Last summer, I suppose.
> > Ok, let's not to beat around the bush. I'll go straight to the point.
> > Well, I set the USB cable into the computer; switch the camcorder on and
> run
> > Windows Movie Maker. Then I click on Capture Movie from Device,
> > Then another application runs, in which asking for the video device, audio
> > device and so on. Then again I click on next and again next. But that was
> > just the half of it. After all, another application runs asking the video
> > setting, well, I choose "Best Quality" and then I click on next. Here is
> the
> > point; an error message runs saying: "An interface has too many methods to
> > fire the events from".
> > Everything is right and exactly as written in the manual, I suppose! It's
> > six of one and half a dozen of another!
> > Under normal circumstances it should have worked! But no dice!
> > Please help me out solving this problem. I hope you'll work out the
> answer!

Read www.papajohn.org again about going back to MM1, you can run this along
side mm2.1 that comes with SP2, and you can use it as before.

--
Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media
"eb" <eb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> [...]
> > > Then another application runs, in which asking for the video device,
audio
> > > device and so on. Then again I click on next and again next. But that
was
> > > just the half of it. After all, another application runs asking the
video
> > > setting, well, I choose "Best Quality" and then I click on next. Here
is
> > the
> > > point; an error message runs saying: "An interface has too many
methods to
> > > fire the events from".
> > > Everything is right and exactly as written in the manual, I suppose!
It's
> > > six of one and half a dozen of another!
> > > Under normal circumstances it should have worked! But no dice!
> > > Please help me out solving this problem. I hope you'll work out the

Chris

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> Use firewire.

are you referring to a firewire program or a firewire lead?