Web Cam

I am using a 3com HomeConnect webcam that does not play streaming video or
does not take pictures. Do I need a new driver that is compatible? Also,
when I try to uninstall it completely, I cannot uninstall one of the programs
that comes with the installation fully.
2 answers Last reply
More about tomshardware

    Dear friend, I have the same problem with the same camera. Please help since
    I am stuck big time. vladamd@aol.com or vladamd@msn.com

    "3com webcam" wrote:

    > I am using a 3com HomeConnect webcam that does not play streaming video or
    > does not take pictures. Do I need a new driver that is compatible? Also,
    > when I try to uninstall it completely, I cannot uninstall one of the programs
    > that comes with the installation fully.

    I am now having trouble with my 3Com Home Connect web cam in that I borrowed
    a friend’s Logitech Quick Cam Express to see if I could get a better picture
    with it. As it turned out, I didn’t get a better picture, but worse. But now
    that I am trying to reinstall my Old 3Com Home Connect web cam, I continually
    get “driver installation error� even after going to 3 Com’s site, downloading
    any driver concerning their web cams and even their whole web pages about how
    to install the software and drivers on Windows XP Home Edition where they
    clearly state that they do not have updated drivers for Windows XP nor will
    they be making any! What I don’t understand, is why it worked and now it
    doesn’t and can’t seem to reinstall the driver?? Anybody know any way to fix
    this? Besides reformatting the hard drive and starting from scratch?
    So I know how you guys are feeling! ARG!!

Video Microsoft Windows XP