CD player wiring

sonic-boom

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2009
I'm trying to wire an aftermarket cd player. Please, bear in mind, this is a Japanese r32 skyline. I cannot seems to find the grounding wire. There is a big bunch of wires with grey white blue red yellow green and purple. Then, separately, there is a big yellow with y splitter and big red with y splitter. I assume this is because the previous owned had a dual bay with screen player. The only black wire that exists is connected with a bolt ring to a big (1/4") cable sleeved in clear rubber. So i just put the ground under this bolt? This wire just goes in the bay from left and exits left. Also, which yellow and red do I use since there are 3?

Thanks

jacobboe89

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2011
the volt meter and test light doesn't always work perfectly , i have encountered a wire that acts like a ground and is more or less a ground but at the same time blows the fuse for dash lights over and over. i would get a service manual with a wire diagram or get the vehicle specific wire harness adapter . assuming nobody has cut the factory harness yet.useing the wire harness adapter is easy as pie compared to the day when a guy had to splice and figure out wires.