Hard Drive temperature!

Where on the HD is the best place to measure the temperature. I have
two raid0 setup in my pc, and so far I haven’t been able to find any
programs who can detect the temp. on a raid disk. Any body out there
who know of any?

Topic URL: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/PC-Storage-Hard-Drive-temperature-ftopict52382.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/eform.php?p=255128

pfm <UseLinkToEmail@HardwareForumz.com> wrote in message

> Where on the HD is the best place to measure the temperature.

The best approach is to the use the SMART temp.

> I have two raid0 setup in my pc, and so far I haven’t been able
> to find any programs who can detect the temp. on a raid disk.

Thats one of the big downsides with raid. Do you actually
need it done in hardware ? If you do it at the software
level like with XP, you can still see the drive SMART temps.

"Rod Speed" wrote:
>pfm <UseLinkToEmail@HardwareForumz.com> wrote in message
>
>> Where on the HD is the best place to measure the temperature.
>
>The best approach is to the use the SMART temp.
>
>> I have two raid0 setup in my pc, and so far I haven’t been able
>> to find any programs who can detect the temp. on a raid disk.
>
>Thats one of the big downsides with raid. Do you actually
>need it done in hardware ? If you do it at the software
>level like with XP, you can still see the drive SMART temps.
>
>> Any body out there who know of any?</font>

Can you tell me what software I can use for it ??? And thanks for the
answer.

Topic URL: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/PC-Storage-Hard-Drive-temperature-ftopict52382.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/eform.php?p=255310

> "Rod Speed" wrote:
>>pfm <UseLinkToEmail@HardwareForumz.com> wrote in message
>>
>>> Where on the HD is the best place to measure the temperature.
>>
>>The best approach is to the use the SMART temp.
>>
>>> I have two raid0 setup in my pc, and so far I haven’t been able
>>> to find any programs who can detect the temp. on a raid disk.
>>
>>Thats one of the big downsides with raid. Do you actually
>>need it done in hardware ? If you do it at the software
>>level like with XP, you can still see the drive SMART temps.
>>
>>> Any body out there who know of any?</font>

> Can you tell me what software I can use for it ???

Use for what ? Software raid ? Its part of XP, nothing extra is required.

> And thanks for the answer.

No problem.

Hi Rod Speed!!

I am also facing the same problem...how to get temperature of RAIDs.

If you have resolved it , please, let me know.

Is their some unix-based tool which can do that other than SMART.
I tried with SMART tools; the smartctl command tells about the health
but temperature and disk error.

Even with SCSI disks, smartmontools have failed.

thnx,

priyanka :wink:

"replytopriyanka" wrote:
> Hi Rod Speed!!
>
> I am also facing the same problem...how to get temperature of
> RAIDs.
>
> If you have resolved it , please, let me know.
>
> Is their some unix-based tool which can do that other than
> SMART.
> I tried with SMART tools; the smartctl command tells about the
> health
> but temperature and disk error.
>
> Even with SCSI disks, smartmontools have failed.
>
> thnx,
>
> priyanka :wink:

No I still don’t know it. I did try to tape a temp probe on the
outside of one of the drivws, that came up to 43C, but that don’t tell
much about the temp inside.

So still, if anybody out in the big world know who, please let us
know!

Topic URL: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/PC-Storage-Hard-Drive-temperature-ftopict52382.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/eform.php?p=257932

peter

> Where on the HD is the best place to measure the temperature. I have
> two raid0 setup in my pc, and so far I haven't been able to find any
> programs who can detect the temp. on a raid disk. Any body out there
> who know of any?

Stick a temperature probe at the center of the top cover of the drive.
Some manufacturers allow temperature to go up to 60°C there.

You want "EVEREST" - think it's LAVASOFT stuff. Free. Bunches of
system ID and monitoring tools, FWIW, HD ROM TEMP OPCODE included for
newer HD/CNTRL/CBLE.. Google it up.

Riley_18

Commendable
Dec 30, 2016