Sign in with
Your question

Oblivion cd one says it is blank

Last response: in Windows 7
December 22, 2010 9:46:07 PM

Hello,
I have played it on this laptop, but now it is saying the game is blank. How do I fix this?

More about : oblivion blank

December 22, 2010 11:38:00 PM

Have you tried using other CDs/DVDs to make sure your drive isn't going bad?
m
l
December 22, 2010 11:50:40 PM

bdcrlsn said:
Have you tried using other CDs/DVDs to make sure your drive isn't going bad?

Yes. Every other game I have works, just not Oblivion. The laptop is new as well. Oblivioon worked for about a week or so and now it just won't.
m
l
Related resources
December 22, 2010 11:53:36 PM

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling it? If you don't want to lose your save games, copy the folder from Documents/My Games/Oblivion and you can replace it when its reinstalled.
m
l
December 23, 2010 12:07:39 AM

bdcrlsn said:
Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling it? If you don't want to lose your save games, copy the folder from Documents/My Games/Oblivion and you can replace it when its reinstalled.

Okay I will try that. Thank you. I'll let you know if that worked.
m
l
December 23, 2010 12:16:22 AM

I cannot unistall the game. It says it is not the right disc. Then the pop up says it is a blank disc. I tried this disc in a different laptop and it works. I don't understand why it is doing this.
m
l
December 23, 2010 12:23:25 AM

You shouldn't need the disk to uninstall it. You can go to the Start Menu/Control Panel/Uninstall a Program and find Oblivion on the list.
m
l
December 23, 2010 12:34:15 AM

bdcrlsn said:
You shouldn't need the disk to uninstall it. You can go to the Start Menu/Control Panel/Uninstall a Program and find Oblivion on the list.

I tried that. It says I need to insert the correct disk.
m
l
December 23, 2010 1:16:43 AM

OK. When you try to play the game, do you use the Autoplay menu that pops up when you insert the disk? Have you tried to launch the game from the Start Menu or the C: drive?
m
l
!