Steam version of Opposing Force has a stoy change (spoiler)

Anyone noticed this?

At the large worm chamber, in the original version you had to start
the "gearbox" and open the "valve" to flush the waste (nice ad for
Valve and Gearbox that has written the game :-)

But in the Steam version you cannot open the "valve" without first
having opened the "steam" vents (that did not exist in the original)

--
Lars-Erik - http://home.chello.no/~larse/ - ICQ 7297605
WinXP, Asus P4PE, 2.53 GHz, Asus V8420 (Ti4200), SB-Live!

    Lars-Erik Østerud wrote:

    > But in the Steam version you cannot open the "valve" without first
    > having opened the "steam" vents (that did not exist in the original)

    That makes sense doesn't it?

    Peter [AGHL] wrote:
    > Lars-Erik Østerud wrote:
    > >
    > > But in the Steam version you cannot open the "valve" without first
    > > having opened the "steam" vents (that did not exist in the
    original)

    > That makes sense doesn't it?

    At least they've looked at the game when giving it a makeover. I wonder
    if they made other tweaks to improve or change it.

    Peter [AGHL] skrev:

    > > But in the Steam version you cannot open the "valve" without first
    > > having opened the "steam" vents (that did not exist in the original)
    > >
    > That makes sense doesn't it?

    Of course :-) But I thought it was a bit funny :-)

    --
    Lars-Erik - http://home.chello.no/~larse/ - ICQ 7297605
    WinXP, Asus P4PE, 2.53 GHz, Asus V8420 (Ti4200), SB-Live!

Valve Games Steam Video Games