Can I sync my Ipaq 2210 via wireless lan

May 11, 2004 9:50:02 PM

Hi guys

Sorry to ask such a basic question but I'm new to Windows Mobile / Pocket PC

So just got my WiFi CF card off eBay - basic no name card (Origo), but put
it my Ipaq 2210 and got it configured onto my wireless home network with WEP
etc etc. Now I'm not really a networking guy but this was pretty
straightforward without the manual :-)

So I can read / write emails, surf the net etc but after doing some googling
I cannot find the answer to these questions.

1. Can I sync my Ipaq via the wireless card ie without dropping it in the
cradle

2. Can I set-up the Ipaq as another networked pc in my My Network Places ie
can I see the Ipaq on my desktop PC and transfer files across the wireless
LAN and can I set up the Ipaq to see the rest of my shared drives on my
other networked PCs?

Sorry if this is too basic for some of you or maybe it just can't be done

Thanks

Duncan
Anonymous
May 11, 2004 9:50:03 PM

On Tue, 11 May 2004 17:50:02 GMT, DeeBee <deebee@nospam-email.com> wrote:

> Hi guys
>
> Sorry to ask such a basic question but I'm new to Windows Mobile /
> Pocket PC
>
> So just got my WiFi CF card off eBay - basic no name card (Origo), but
> put
> it my Ipaq 2210 and got it configured onto my wireless home network with
> WEP
> etc etc. Now I'm not really a networking guy but this was pretty
> straightforward without the manual :-)
>
> So I can read / write emails, surf the net etc but after doing some
> googling
> I cannot find the answer to these questions.
>
> 1. Can I sync my Ipaq via the wireless card ie without dropping it in the
> cradle
>
> 2. Can I set-up the Ipaq as another networked pc in my My Network Places
> ie
> can I see the Ipaq on my desktop PC and transfer files across the
> wireless
> LAN and can I set up the Ipaq to see the rest of my shared drives on my
> other networked PCs?
>
> Sorry if this is too basic for some of you or maybe it just can't be done
>
> Thanks
>
> Duncan

Hi Duncan,

Actually yes, you can sync your iPAQ with your PC. If you have tried this
and failed, try going to Settings>Connections tab>Connections ICON and
choose the advanced tab. Then choose Network card. Make sure your Origo
card is set for "Work".

Hit ok for everything.

Now open activesync on your Pocket PC. and hit the sync button. If it
doesn't work, make sure that under the tools>options menu you have the
right computer chosen

Hope this helps :)

--
Brad Isaac