Access Point (not router) with mac filtering, does one exi..

I just want to add wifi to my network but I don't want it to be open to any
computer so I need mac filtering. Is there an access point that can do this?

Hi,
Most access points offer MAC filtering. I am using a Linksys WAP54G (AP
only) which has MAC filtering and I have just installed MAC filtering on a
Belkin AP of a friend.
Advice: download the AP's user manual from the web and check the feature
list before running to your local store.

/rob

"Robert Blackwell" <rob@nospam.com> wrote in message
> I just want to add wifi to my network but I don't want it to be open to
any
> computer so I need mac filtering. Is there an access point that can do
this?

Well, I used to have an mn-500 that was not configurable when it was in ap
mode, so that's why I'm asking.

The Buffalo WBR-G54 does that. I used mine as an access point only before I got my broadband cable
ISP. You can also configure the Buffalo to assign specific IP addresses to DHCP clients based on the
client MAC Address, ie. a pseudo static IP address...

--
Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)