Help!!! Windows XP SP2 Video resolution

Please help!!!
I have Windows XP with SP2 installed and all updates.
I amusing an ATI All-in-Wonder 128 rage Video Card with
the newest driver from ATI.
I am experiencing a discrepency with the display
resolution and the settings in the display properties.
I have my display properties set to 1024x768, however the
Monitor is actually showing 800x600 resolution.
I have been using 1024x768 for over 2 years, and this did
not happen until I was copying video from Windows Media
Player to a VHS tape.
I have done this before without problems.

PS. My boot screens are all displaying lower resolutions
as a result.
Is there a registry key that could be corrupted???

Ron,

I have experienced problems with the ATI All-In-Wonder 128 Rage Pro & XP in
general. At first I thought the card was bad. I then tried it in a Win 98SE
system, worked like a champ then. Rage technology is a little too old I'm
afraid.
Might want to look into upgrading to the Radeon chipset.