Hard Disk problem with chkdsk

Last response: in Storage
Share
April 16, 2005 10:41:42 AM

Hello, Im having some problems with my hard disk.
When I ran chkdsk inside windows, it found some errors:

C:\Documents and Settings\Daniel>chkdsk c:
The type of the file system is NTFS.

WARNING! F parameter not specified.
Running CHKDSK in read-only mode.

CHKDSK is verifying files (stage 1 of 3)...
File verification completed.
CHKDSK is verifying indexes (stage 2 of 3)...
Deleting index entry Professional_32_1033.dat in index $I30 of file
6640.
Deleting index entry Professional_32_1033.dat.bak in index $I30 of file
6640.
Deleting index entry PROFES~1.BAK in index $I30 of file 6640.
Deleting index entry PROFES~1.DAT in index $I30 of file 6640.
Deleting index entry tmp.edb in index $I30 of file 6641.
Index verification completed.

Errors found. CHKDSK cannot continue in read-only mode.

I ran it again with swith /r and it ran after restarting. Im kind of
sure id didnt find errors, but I still havent found a log in my pc
about it running, but if what I saw on the screen it ran fine.

Inside the event viewer I have a repeated set of mistakes:
The first one is repeated 5 times.
Event Type: Error
Event Source: Disk
Event Category: None
Event ID: 11
Date: 4/15/2005
Time: 8:48:41 PM
User: N/A
Computer: DANIK
The driver detected a controller error on \Device\Harddisk0\D.

Data:
0000: 03 00 68 00 01 00 b6 00 ..h...¶.
0008: 00 00 00 00 0b 00 04 c0 .......À
0010: 01 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
0018: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
0020: 00 1e c5 4b 0f 00 00 00 ..ÅK....
0028: 09 75 00 00 00 00 00 00 .u......
0030: ff ff ff ff 03 00 00 00 ÿÿÿÿ....
0038: 40 00 00 8f 02 00 00 00 @..?....
0040: 00 20 0a 12 40 03 20 40 . ..@. @
0048: 00 00 00 00 0a 00 00 00 ........
0050: 00 00 00 00 a8 bf f9 85 ....¨¿ù...
0058: 00 00 00 00 60 c3 06 86 ....`Ã.†
0060: 02 00 00 00 8f e2 a5 07 ....?â¥.
0068: 28 00 07 a5 e2 8f 00 00 (..¥â?..
0070: 80 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 €.......
0078: f0 00 04 00 00 00 00 0b ð.......
0080: 00 00 00 00 08 03 00 00 ........
0088: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........

Then comes this one once:
Event Type: Error
Event Source: atapi
Event Category: None
Event ID: 5
Date: 4/15/2005
Time: 8:49:08 PM
User: N/A
Computer: DANIK
A parity error was detected on \Device\Ide\IdePort0.

Data:
0000: 0f 00 50 00 01 00 a4 00 ..P...¤.
0008: 00 00 00 00 05 00 04 c0 .......À
0010: 03 00 00 80 00 00 00 00 ...€....
0018: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
0020: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
0028: 06 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
0030: 00 00 00 00 07 00 00 00 ........
0038: 40 00 00 8f 02 00 00 00 @..?....
0040: 00 20 0a 12 40 03 20 40 . ..@. @
0048: 00 00 00 00 0a 00 00 00 ........
0050: 00 00 00 00 a8 bf f9 85 ....¨¿ù...
0058: 00 00 00 00 60 c3 06 86 ....`Ã.†
0060: 02 00 00 00 97 eb 97 07 ....-ë-.
0068: 28 00 07 97 eb 97 00 00 (..-ë-..
0070: 80 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 €.......

And then the first one agagin twice.
This patters repeats itself all around the System Log.
What could be the problem. If I check the disk inside windows it finds
errors, if I check it after restarting before going in, its ok.

Thanks for your help,
/Dan States
Anonymous
a b G Storage
April 16, 2005 11:11:32 AM

You have NTFS corruption, which 'chkdsk /f' will fix on reboot.

The others are hardware errors, but don't seem to be bad sectors. Check
cables, run drive diagnostics.

!