Problem with second hard drive.

Last response: in Storage
a b G Storage
April 16, 2005 3:59:01 PM

I have an E Machines 330 which only has a 20 gig hard disc. I was
recently given another Maxtor 20 gig hard disc which I slaved to the
system.
I copied all of my music and various other (important) files onto it.

All went well for a few days, but then the disk check thing ran one
time I booted up and since then I cannot access the drive. The link
for it is still on my desktop but when I click it I get the following
message:

"D:\ is not accessible.

The wrong diskette is in the drive.
Insert (Volume Serial Number:)  into Drive D:\"

I have not changed anything at all, and when I try to right-click the
drive in My Computer, I cannot access it that way either. PLEASE,
PLEASE help!

More about : problem hard drive

Anonymous
a b G Storage
April 19, 2005 4:38:00 AM

I suggest you use Partition Table Doctor to resolve your
problem.The software provides very useful functions:
Backup partition table, Restore partition table, Rebuild
partition table, undelete partition, Fix boot sector,
rebuild mbr,etc.

First thing I recommend you download the demo version of
Partition Table Doctor.( http://www.ptdd.com/download.htm )

Run the program and right click the partition and choose fixboot.
see more: http://www.ptdd.com/fixboot.htm
!