Screen Capture Resolution in Movie Maker

morris

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2004

Using ACA Screen Recorder to capture my movements on my monitor I can then
save as a movie to teach other how to use several applications. When I view
the *.avi file in Windows media player it looks great. If I import it into
Window Movie maker the text is all blurred and imposible to read. I saved it
using DV-AVI and there is no improvement.

Have you tried exporting the file out of movie maker as a dv-avi and then
playing in WMP? What is the result? MM does show only a low resolution
preview at 15fps.

--
Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media
"Morris" <Morris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Using ACA Screen Recorder to capture my movements on my monitor I can then
> save as a movie to teach other how to use several applications. When I
view
> the *.avi file in Windows media player it looks great. If I import it into
> Window Movie maker the text is all blurred and imposible to read. I saved
it
> using DV-AVI and there is no improvement.

morris

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2004

Graham
We have been saving the movie using DV-AVI and also using Media Player to
view the movie. (Windows XP) We can never regain the resolution once it
exports from MM.
Morris

"Graham Hughes" wrote:

> Have you tried exporting the file out of movie maker as a dv-avi and then
> playing in WMP? What is the result? MM does show only a low resolution
> preview at 15fps.
>
> --
> Graham Hughes
> MVP Digital Media
> www.dvds2treasure.com
> www.simplydv.com
> "Morris" <Morris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Using ACA Screen Recorder to capture my movements on my monitor I can then
> > save as a movie to teach other how to use several applications. When I
> view
> > the *.avi file in Windows media player it looks great. If I import it into
> > Window Movie maker the text is all blurred and imposible to read. I saved
> it
> > using DV-AVI and there is no improvement.

That's odd, if you import an avi and export an avi then there should be no
difference in quality that you cna see with the naked eye. Do you have any
other editing apps on your system you could try? If not visit www.ulead.com
and download the trial of video studio and see if that is the same.
HAve you ever been able to do this before?

--
> Graham
> We have been saving the movie using DV-AVI and also using Media Player to
> view the movie. (Windows XP) We can never regain the resolution once it
> exports from MM.
> Morris
>
> "Graham Hughes" wrote:
>
> > Have you tried exporting the file out of movie maker as a dv-avi and
then
> > playing in WMP? What is the result? MM does show only a low resolution
> > preview at 15fps.
> >
> > --
> > Graham Hughes
> > MVP Digital Media
> > www.dvds2treasure.com
> > www.simplydv.com
> > "Morris" <Morris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Using ACA Screen Recorder to capture my movements on my monitor I can
then
> > > save as a movie to teach other how to use several applications. When I
> > view
> > > the *.avi file in Windows media player it looks great. If I import it
into
> > > Window Movie maker the text is all blurred and imposible to read. I
saved
> > it
> > > using DV-AVI and there is no improvement.

morris

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2004

We are just beginning to use this "screen capture" software and have not
been able to get a good quality output after importing it into Movie Maker.
If
we don't use Movie Maker it's fine. It's as if Movie Maker shrinks the
horizontal
and vertical size of the image and then when we play it in Media Player at
full
screen size it's all blurred. Maybe we should look for another movie maker
software.