Floopy no format error

Sometimes when I put some floppy drives into PCs I get an error
message telling me that floppy disks have no format. And sometimes it
says theres no disk at all in drive A.
Any way, at the end I cant finish the format process and I get a
bunch of useless floppies.
Some costumers came and told me that they can work nice with those
floopies in their PCs, but not in my place. And the working floppies
in my PCs doesnt work in theirs... yes I use IBM preformated disks.

What am I doing wrong?
what is the problem?

Thanks in advance.

AnimasTrujano4@hotmail.com (Animas Trujano) wrote:

> Sometimes when I put some floppy drives into PCs I get an error
> message telling me that floppy disks have no format. And sometimes it
> says theres no disk at all in drive A.
> Any way, at the end I cant finish the format process and I get a
> bunch of useless floppies.
> Some costumers came and told me that they can work nice with those
> floopies in their PCs, but not in my place. And the working floppies
> in my PCs doesnt work in theirs... yes I use IBM preformated disks.
>
> What am I doing wrong?
> what is the problem?

If running under Windows 9x, then restart the computer in pure DOS (command
prompt mode) and see if you can read / format those floppies from the command
line (DIR A: and FORMAT A: /U)

If you can, then the problem is you Windows configuration.

If you can't, then try cleaning the heads (special cleanup floppies are sold for
the purpose, with a cleaning fluid). If it doesn't help, then replace the
floppy drive.

Regards, Zvi
--
NetZ Computing Ltd. ISRAEL www.invircible.com www.ivi.co.il (Hebrew)
InVircible Virus Defense Solutions, ResQ and Data Recovery Utilities

Animas Trujano <AnimasTrujano4@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Sometimes when I put some floppy drives into PCs I get an error
> message telling me that floppy disks have no format. And sometimes it
> says theres no disk at all in drive A.
> Any way, at the end I cant finish the format process and I get a
> bunch of useless floppies.
> Some costumers came and told me that they can work nice with those
> floopies in their PCs, but not in my place. And the working floppies
> in my PCs doesnt work in theirs... yes I use IBM preformated disks.
>
> What am I doing wrong?
> what is the problem?

Likely your floppy drive has failed.