Replacement for a IBM Travelstar HD

Hi,

I have a DELL Precision M50 with a IBM Travelstar 60 GB internal IDE disk
(Model - IC25T060).

The disk has failed and I am looking for a replacement. I understand that
Hitachi has taken over the IBM harddrive business and the equivalent
replacement drive is the Hitachi Travelstar 60 GH. Can anyone recommend
another equivalent drive, as I am having trouble sourcing the Hitachi one in
the UK.

Thank you in advance

Best Regards

Gary Coutts

"Gary Coutts" <garyco@btopenworld.com> wrote in

> Hi,
>
> I have a DELL Precision M50 with a IBM Travelstar 60 GB internal
> IDE disk (Model - IC25T060).
>
> The disk has failed and I am looking for a replacement. I
> understand that Hitachi has taken over the IBM harddrive
> business and the equivalent replacement drive is the Hitachi
> Travelstar 60 GH. Can anyone recommend another equivalent drive,
> as I am having trouble sourcing the Hitachi one in the UK.

Try Toshiba here: http://tinyurl.com/55zx8

[http://www.toshiba-europe.com/storage/Index.asp?
page=PRS&nav=ISH_PRS&stype=producttype&frame=content&model=&ptype=HDD
25]

Previously Gary Coutts <garyco@btopenworld.com> wrote:
> Hi,

> I have a DELL Precision M50 with a IBM Travelstar 60 GB internal IDE disk
> (Model - IC25T060).

> The disk has failed and I am looking for a replacement. I understand that
> Hitachi has taken over the IBM harddrive business and the equivalent
> replacement drive is the Hitachi Travelstar 60 GH. Can anyone recommend
> another equivalent drive, as I am having trouble sourcing the Hitachi one in
> the UK.

I like Fujitsu laptop drives. Quiet and you get a choice of 4200 RPM or
5400 RPM. I have one of the faster ones in my relatively new ThinkPad,
since I don't trust IBM drives one bit.

Arno