Why second HD is Disk 0?

Last response: in Storage
a b G Storage
a b V Motherboard
April 18, 2005 5:19:32 PM

I've got Win XP (home) on this computer.
My OS is on an 80GB HD set as master on the primary motherboard controller.
I've also got a 200GB storage drive running off an add-on controller.
(DVD & burner on motherboard secondary controller)
In Win XP, disk management the 200GB is listed as Disk 0
and the 80GB as Disk 1
I would like to change the 80GB to Disk 0
Ideas please?

More about : disk

Anonymous
a b G Storage
a b V Motherboard
April 19, 2005 11:00:17 AM

Tod <no_spam_me@comcast.net> wrote in message

> I've got Win XP (home) on this computer.
> My OS is on an 80GB HD set as master on the primary motherboard controller.
> I've also got a 200GB storage drive running off an add-on controller.
> (DVD & burner on motherboard secondary controller)
> In Win XP, disk management the 200GB is listed as Disk 0
> and the 80GB as Disk 1

The drives on the addon controller usually get numbered first.

> I would like to change the 80GB to Disk 0

No need, XP keeps track of the drives independantly
of those numbers for all except the boot.ini entrys.

> Ideas please?

Leave it the way it is.
!