Why second HD is Disk 0?

I've got Win XP (home) on this computer.
My OS is on an 80GB HD set as master on the primary motherboard controller.
I've also got a 200GB storage drive running off an add-on controller.
(DVD & burner on motherboard secondary controller)
In Win XP, disk management the 200GB is listed as Disk 0
and the 80GB as Disk 1
I would like to change the 80GB to Disk 0
Ideas please?
1 answer Last reply
More about disk

    Tod <no_spam_me@comcast.net> wrote in message

    > I've got Win XP (home) on this computer.
    > My OS is on an 80GB HD set as master on the primary motherboard controller.
    > I've also got a 200GB storage drive running off an add-on controller.
    > (DVD & burner on motherboard secondary controller)
    > In Win XP, disk management the 200GB is listed as Disk 0
    > and the 80GB as Disk 1

    The drives on the addon controller usually get numbered first.

    > I would like to change the 80GB to Disk 0

    No need, XP keeps track of the drives independantly
    of those numbers for all except the boot.ini entrys.

    > Ideas please?

    Leave it the way it is.

Controller Storage Motherboards HD Windows XP