5060 flash

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
September 16, 2004 5:00:02 PM

Anyone out there using a third party flash with the Oly5060? I have a
wide-angle conversion lens and need a flash I can put on the hot shoe.
Voltage can be a problem and so a low-voltage one is needed. Oly wants
$100 for its, but I would prefer not to pay that.

Thanks.

More about : 5060 flash

Anonymous
September 16, 2004 10:55:56 PM

"Ron G" <rgood@netzero.com> wrote in message
> Anyone out there using a third party flash with the Oly5060? I have a
> wide-angle conversion lens and need a flash I can put on the hot shoe.
> Voltage can be a problem and so a low-voltage one is needed. Oly wants
> $100 for its, but I would prefer not to pay that.
>
> Thanks.

A little information from Olympus on External flash.
I do not think the Oly5060 is listed, but the info should be relevant.
http://www.carlmcmillan.com/Olympus_Flash.htm

--
CSM1
http://www.carlmcmillan.com

After I posted I did some research and found the Sunpak DS20 at Ritz
camera. It has the right voltage and though it doesn't have some of the
features of the Oly flashes, it has automatic and slave features and
works pretty well so far. Thanks for your advice.

!