5060 flash

Anyone out there using a third party flash with the Oly5060? I have a
wide-angle conversion lens and need a flash I can put on the hot shoe.
Voltage can be a problem and so a low-voltage one is needed. Oly wants
$100 for its, but I would prefer not to pay that.

Thanks.
2 answers Last reply
More about 5060 flash

    "Ron G" <rgood@netzero.com> wrote in message
    > Anyone out there using a third party flash with the Oly5060? I have a
    > wide-angle conversion lens and need a flash I can put on the hot shoe.
    > Voltage can be a problem and so a low-voltage one is needed. Oly wants
    > $100 for its, but I would prefer not to pay that.
    >
    > Thanks.

    A little information from Olympus on External flash.
    I do not think the Oly5060 is listed, but the info should be relevant.
    http://www.carlmcmillan.com/Olympus_Flash.htm

    --
    CSM1
    http://www.carlmcmillan.com

    After I posted I did some research and found the Sunpak DS20 at Ritz
    camera. It has the right voltage and though it doesn't have some of the
    features of the Oly flashes, it has automatic and slave features and
    works pretty well so far. Thanks for your advice.

    CSM1 wrote:
    > "Ron G" <rgood@netzero.com> wrote in message
    >
    >> Anyone out there using a third party flash with the Oly5060? I have a
    >> wide-angle conversion lens and need a flash I can put on the hot shoe.
    >> Voltage can be a problem and so a low-voltage one is needed. Oly wants
    >> $100 for its, but I would prefer not to pay that.
    >>
    >> Thanks.
    >>

    > A little information from Olympus on External flash.
    > I do not think the Oly5060 is listed, but the info should be relevant.
    > http://www.carlmcmillan.com/Olympus_Flash.htm

Cameras Flash Peripherals