Captured video movie is shaking in Windows Movie Maker

I connected my digital video camera to my computer
(Pentium 4 1.8 GHz) using a composite cable.
When I try to capture a movie from the video camera in
playback mode I see a shaking image in the preview
window. It is shaking so hard that you can hardly see
what is happening in the movie.

Does anyone know how to solve this problem.
My videocard is a nVidia GeForce 3
2 answers Last reply
More about captured video movie shaking windows movie maker

    You need to use a firewire connection, it is the only way of capturing full
    resolution dv video.

    --
    Graham Hughes
    MVP Digital Media
    "Tom Remmerie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I connected my digital video camera to my computer
    > (Pentium 4 1.8 GHz) using a composite cable.
    > When I try to capture a movie from the video camera in
    > playback mode I see a shaking image in the preview
    > window. It is shaking so hard that you can hardly see
    > what is happening in the movie.
    >
    > Does anyone know how to solve this problem.
    > My videocard is a nVidia GeForce 3

    I use an ATI All-In-Wonder Radeon card on an Asus P3V4X
    motherboard, Pentium III at 850 Mhz, 512 Mb RAM and a
    Promise Fast Track 100 TX2 PCI Card that let's me have
    a Raid 1 mirror image disk - there are 2 drives in the
    system.

    I run my composite video ( like cabl;e TV ) into the
    Composite In jack on the All-In-Wonder card.
    I can also run 1 volt p-p Video and a separate audio,
    or S-VHS Video, into the All-In-Wonder Radeon.

    I have seen jiggles and jitters when I try to run video
    into a USB port, but my ATI All-In-Wonder Radeon card,
    now two years old, is the best pick for me when it comes
    to home video. The ATI folks have had TV and Video down
    cold for 5+ years now and they really did it right.
    You can watch TV on your PC.
    You can Output video either 1 volt pin-to-pin and stereo
    audio, or S-VHS.
    You can input 1 volt pin-to-pin video plus stereo audio,
    or input S-VHS. The software is a full set of programs
    The video recorder works great with any codec that you can
    get your hands on. The file player is simple and a lot
    easier than the huge Windows Media Player.

    I see ATI All-In-Wonder cards on eBay for about a hundred
    bucks. ( I have also heard of some kinds of video problems
    with the Nvidia crads but don't know what the problems are.

    Regards
    Dan

Video Movies Windows Movie Maker Windows XP