steve

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003

Is there a way to change the resolution in xp pro other
than going into the properties. EX: something like Quick
Res???

Both nVidia and ATI drivers install an icon in the System Tray which enable
this. I don't know about other manufacturers of graphics cards, since I
only have the two above in my PCs.
www.coribright.com

"Steve" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there a way to change the resolution in xp pro other
> than going into the properties. EX: something like Quick
> Res???

I'm not looking to replace my graphics card to get an
icon to control the resolution. I wanted to find out if
there is some sort of utility that would work with XP
like the old quick res did for windows 95, 98.??

It's up to the graphics card manufacturers to include that feature in their
driver package.
www.coribright.com

> I'm not looking to replace my graphics card to get an
> icon to control the resolution. I wanted to find out if
> there is some sort of utility that would work with XP
> like the old quick res did for windows 95, 98.??

rehan

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2004

May be this is what you are looking for: (first result of google search for
"quickres xp")
http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/xp_quickres.htm
--
Rehan