Hi,

I have a sony handycam (PC109) that is connected via firewire. It all works
(seemingly fine) and moviemaker recognises the camera etc.

When i try to capture the video, it will go ok for a random period of time
and then it stops. windows seems to not recognise the camera and then it
does again.

It is really starting to bug me as i can't get more than about 10 minutes of
video down before it stops.

any help is greatly apprecaited!!!

Charles.

Ron

Do you have sufficient free space on your hard drive?
Have you defragged the drive lately?
Run only your video software when doing the video transfer to hd.

There could be other things to check but that is all that comes to mind at
present.

Good Luck

"chcalabro" <chcalabro@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have a sony handycam (PC109) that is connected via firewire. It all
> works
> (seemingly fine) and moviemaker recognises the camera etc.
>
> When i try to capture the video, it will go ok for a random period of time
> and then it stops. windows seems to not recognise the camera and then it
> does again.
>
> It is really starting to bug me as i can't get more than about 10 minutes
> of
> video down before it stops.
>
> any help is greatly apprecaited!!!
>
> Charles.

Hi Ron,

Did a defrag, rebooted, plenty of space. still no joy. When it detected
the handycam originally is said the drivers weren't digitally signed, would
that matter?

Charles