Hi,

I'm trying to use Movie Maker to capture video from DV
camera (firewire), and Movie Maker recognises, and can
control the camcorder functions, (play, stop etc.) but
when capturing get nothing. Vieo plays on camera, but
nothing on the preview screen, no audio, no movement on
the video captured counter.

When I click finish, the following two error messages are
displayed in order :-

The specified video device is not responding. Verify that
the device is connected properly and turned on, and then
try capturing again.

followed by :-

filename.avi could not be imported. The selected file is
not valid or is currupted.

I get the same problem, but without the error messages
using Pinacle Studio v8.

This camcorder works ok on another PC, cable checks out,
and I've use the built in firewire port, and an
additional firewire card, all giving the same response.

Running Win XP Home SP2, fully patched. Problem was
occuring before SP2, applied SP2 in the hope it might fix
it.

Hardware spec :-

Canon MV500i Camcorder

AMD Athlon 2500+
nVidia Gforce4 440 MX 64Mb
512 Mb RAM
MSI MS-6590 Motherboard

Any help, gratefully recieved.

Cheers,

Simon

Alan

I think the problem is in Movie Maker itself. I see quite a few people are
having trouble with Movie Maker including myself.
When i first used it i captured from camcorder to Harddrive ok but no
sound. When i tried again i got a message saying MPEG corrupt or Parrameters
not set. On entering Parrameters which were shaded out i had a message
saying Parrameters set automatically.
I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling a couple of times but still the
same.
It will capture ok but in the preview it is a total mess.
I have been in touch with the makers and i am awaiting their reply if i get
one
If when i do and it then works i will let you know.
Alan
"Simon Edwards" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to use Movie Maker to capture video from DV
> camera (firewire), and Movie Maker recognises, and can
> control the camcorder functions, (play, stop etc.) but
> when capturing get nothing. Vieo plays on camera, but
> nothing on the preview screen, no audio, no movement on
> the video captured counter.
>
> When I click finish, the following two error messages are
> displayed in order :-
>
> The specified video device is not responding. Verify that
> the device is connected properly and turned on, and then
> try capturing again.
>
> followed by :-
>
> filename.avi could not be imported. The selected file is
> not valid or is currupted.
>
> I get the same problem, but without the error messages
> using Pinacle Studio v8.
>
> This camcorder works ok on another PC, cable checks out,
> and I've use the built in firewire port, and an
> additional firewire card, all giving the same response.
>
> Running Win XP Home SP2, fully patched. Problem was
> occuring before SP2, applied SP2 in the hope it might fix
> it.
>
> Hardware spec :-
>
> Canon MV500i Camcorder
>
> AMD Athlon 2500+
> nVidia Gforce4 440 MX 64Mb
> 512 Mb RAM
> MSI MS-6590 Motherboard
>
> Any help, gratefully recieved.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Simon

Alan,

I am having the same problem Simon is having with my Canon ZR-50MC. I look
forward to any answers you find.

Dan