Convert bmp to jpeg image

September 26, 2004 1:00:01 AM

I have Irfanview which lets you extract individual frames from Avi video
only. I have a convertor that changes wmv or mpeg and other files to avi
files. Then I can extract the frames in the bmp form from the avi. The
problem is nothing I have will open the bmps so I can save them as the more
"user friendly" jpeg format. Is there a easier way or just a way that will
work to do this? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

---

More about : convert bmp jpeg image

September 26, 2004 1:00:02 AM

Do a Google search on video converters and you'd be surprised at the stuff
you'll find.

"clay" <clayc@mis.net> wrote in message
news:o 0ZRnQ2oEHA.556@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
>I have Irfanview which lets you extract individual frames from Avi video
> only. I have a convertor that changes wmv or mpeg and other files to avi
> files. Then I can extract the frames in the bmp form from the avi. The
> problem is nothing I have will open the bmps so I can save them as the
> more
> "user friendly" jpeg format. Is there a easier way or just a way that will
> work to do this? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.
>

> ---

September 27, 2004 4:24:28 AM

You are using xp?
Open your WMV or AVIs in Windows Movie maker. And take a snapshot which is
saved in JPEG format.

--
Rehan
www.rehanfx.org - get transitions and effects for Windows MovieMaker

"clay" <clayc@mis.net> wrote in message
news:o 0ZRnQ2oEHA.556@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
>I have Irfanview which lets you extract individual frames from Avi video
> only. I have a convertor that changes wmv or mpeg and other files to avi
> files. Then I can extract the frames in the bmp form from the avi. The
> problem is nothing I have will open the bmps so I can save them as the
> more
> "user friendly" jpeg format. Is there a easier way or just a way that will
> work to do this? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.
>

> ---

September 27, 2004 11:15:03 PM

If your simply trying to change a .BMP to a .JPG then just open it in MSPaint
and save it as a .JPG
Theres no need for any other converters.

"Rehan" wrote:

> You are using xp?
> Open your WMV or AVIs in Windows Movie maker. And take a snapshot which is
> saved in JPEG format.
>
> --
> Rehan
> www.rehanfx.org - get transitions and effects for Windows MovieMaker
>

> "clay" <clayc@mis.net> wrote in message
> news:o 0ZRnQ2oEHA.556@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> >I have Irfanview which lets you extract individual frames from Avi video
> > only. I have a convertor that changes wmv or mpeg and other files to avi
> > files. Then I can extract the frames in the bmp form from the avi. The
> > problem is nothing I have will open the bmps so I can save them as the
> > more
> > "user friendly" jpeg format. Is there a easier way or just a way that will
> > work to do this? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.
> >

> > ---

September 28, 2004 2:57:11 PM

Hi Seth,

Original poster wanted to convert BMP to JPG only as analternate solution to
saving movie snapshot images directly in JPG.

--
Rehan
www.rehanfx.org - get more effects and transitions for movie maker