Convert bmp to jpeg image

I have Irfanview which lets you extract individual frames from Avi video
only. I have a convertor that changes wmv or mpeg and other files to avi
files. Then I can extract the frames in the bmp form from the avi. The
problem is nothing I have will open the bmps so I can save them as the more
"user friendly" jpeg format. Is there a easier way or just a way that will
work to do this? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

---
More about convert jpeg image

    Do a Google search on video converters and you'd be surprised at the stuff
    you'll find.

    "clay" <clayc@mis.net> wrote in message
    >I have Irfanview which lets you extract individual frames from Avi video
    > only. I have a convertor that changes wmv or mpeg and other files to avi
    > files. Then I can extract the frames in the bmp form from the avi. The
    > problem is nothing I have will open the bmps so I can save them as the
    > more
    > "user friendly" jpeg format. Is there a easier way or just a way that will
    > work to do this? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.
    >

    > ---

    You are using xp?
    Open your WMV or AVIs in Windows Movie maker. And take a snapshot which is
    saved in JPEG format.

    --
    Rehan
    www.rehanfx.org - get transitions and effects for Windows MovieMaker

    "clay" <clayc@mis.net> wrote in message
    >I have Irfanview which lets you extract individual frames from Avi video
    > only. I have a convertor that changes wmv or mpeg and other files to avi
    > files. Then I can extract the frames in the bmp form from the avi. The
    > problem is nothing I have will open the bmps so I can save them as the
    > more
    > "user friendly" jpeg format. Is there a easier way or just a way that will
    > work to do this? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.
    >

    > ---

    If your simply trying to change a .BMP to a .JPG then just open it in MSPaint
    and save it as a .JPG
    Theres no need for any other converters.

    "Rehan" wrote:

    > You are using xp?
    > Open your WMV or AVIs in Windows Movie maker. And take a snapshot which is
    > saved in JPEG format.
    >
    > --
    > Rehan
    > www.rehanfx.org - get transitions and effects for Windows MovieMaker
    >

    > "clay" <clayc@mis.net> wrote in message
    > >I have Irfanview which lets you extract individual frames from Avi video
    > > only. I have a convertor that changes wmv or mpeg and other files to avi
    > > files. Then I can extract the frames in the bmp form from the avi. The
    > > problem is nothing I have will open the bmps so I can save them as the
    > > more
    > > "user friendly" jpeg format. Is there a easier way or just a way that will
    > > work to do this? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.
    > >

    > > ---

    Hi Seth,

    Original poster wanted to convert BMP to JPG only as analternate solution to
    saving movie snapshot images directly in JPG.

    --
    Rehan
    www.rehanfx.org - get more effects and transitions for movie maker

    "Seth" <Seth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > If your simply trying to change a .BMP to a .JPG then just open it in
    > MSPaint
    > and save it as a .JPG
    > Theres no need for any other converters.
    >
    > "Rehan" wrote:
    >
    >> You are using xp?
    >> Open your WMV or AVIs in Windows Movie maker. And take a snapshot which
    >> is
    >> saved in JPEG format.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Rehan
    >> www.rehanfx.org - get transitions and effects for Windows MovieMaker
    >>

    >> "clay" <clayc@mis.net> wrote in message
    >> >I have Irfanview which lets you extract individual frames from Avi video
    >> > only. I have a convertor that changes wmv or mpeg and other files to
    >> > avi
    >> > files. Then I can extract the frames in the bmp form from the avi. The
    >> > problem is nothing I have will open the bmps so I can save them as the
    >> > more
    >> > "user friendly" jpeg format. Is there a easier way or just a way that
    >> > will
    >> > work to do this? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.
    >> >

    >> > ---

Video Windows XP