How much different is Half-life from Half-flife Source?

I have the orginal HL which I am now playing again after competing HL2
but I am curious about Half-life Source.

Does anyone have a frame comparison example to see what I might be missing?

Ron

Yer better off with the hi-def pack from Blue Shift..... That's my
esteemed opinion...

On Thu, 12 May 2005 22:40:22 GMT, Ron Joiner <joiner@ns.sympatico.ca>
wrote:

>I have the orginal HL which I am now playing again after competing HL2
>but I am curious about Half-life Source.
>
>Does anyone have a frame comparison example to see what I might be missing?
>
>Ron

Cat Feet / Buttered Toast Theorum

When a cat is dropped it always lands on its feet.
When buttered toast is dropped it always lands with
the buttered side facing down. If a piece of buttered
toast was attached to the back of a cat, when dropped,
the cat/buttered toast combination should hover, spinning
just above the ground, as it tries unsuccessfully to
resolve the inevitable conflict of non-scientific
certainties.
This in itself might be fun to watch but there is
a serious point to be made here... What if giant
arrangements of buttered toast cats were linked
(probably by their tails) to banks of generators?
Perhaps enough electricity could be produced to
help resolve the growing world energy crisis.

There was a group that was "remaking" half life using the source engine...
but can't rember their site..
Anyone???

"Ron Joiner" <joiner@ns.sympatico.ca> wrote in message
>I have the orginal HL which I am now playing again after competing HL2 but
>I am curious about Half-life Source.
>
> Does anyone have a frame comparison example to see what I might be
> missing?
>
> Ron

http://www.blackmesasource.com/

found it ; )

* Ron Joiner wrote:
> I have the orginal HL which I am now playing again after competing HL2
> but I am curious about Half-life Source.

You will hardly notice a difference. Uses the new engine,
but the graphics themselves are pretty much the same. Water is better.
There are apparently some very minor changes in tasks, but hardly
noticeable although the buffs have picked up on them.

> Does anyone have a frame comparison example to see what I might be
> missing?

Sorry, no I don't.

--
T R O Y P I G G I N S
e : usenet@piggo.com

On 5/12/2005 6:52 PM Troy Piggins brightened our day with:

>* Ron Joiner wrote:
>

>>I have the orginal HL which I am now playing again after competing HL2
>>but I am curious about Half-life Source.
>>

>You will hardly notice a difference. Uses the new engine,
>but the graphics themselves are pretty much the same. Water is better.
>There are apparently some very minor changes in tasks, but hardly
>noticeable although the buffs have picked up on them.

There's also particle effects and ragdoll physics.

--
The Official God FAQ: http://www.400monkeys.com/God/

Steve ¤»Inglo«¤
www.inglostadt.com

LymanAlpha skrev:
> On 5/12/2005 6:52 PM Troy Piggins brightened our day with:
>
>> * Ron Joiner wrote:
>>

>>> I have the orginal HL which I am now playing again after competing HL2
>>> but I am curious about Half-life Source.
>>>

>> You will hardly notice a difference. Uses the new engine,
>> but the graphics themselves are pretty much the same. Water is better.
>> There are apparently some very minor changes in tasks, but hardly
>> noticeable although the buffs have picked up on them.
>>

> There's also particle effects and ragdoll physics.

Many monsters and NPC's are redone. Vortigants are identical to the
HL2-version. You almost feel sorry to shoot them, as they are your
friends in HL2.

The only reason to play the non-source version is to relive the exactly
same experienve as you did in 1997 for nostalgical reasons. For all
other purposes the source version is better.

--
Robert Aksland