DLink di-524 Wireless Router and Internet Sharing

Last response: in Wireless Networking
Share
August 31, 2004 7:37:00 PM

Connected one of these to my desktop last night. I have a simple dial up
internet access right now. But I wanted to be able to use internet sharing
on the desktop. I have a laptop with wireless g. I can see the desktop and
transfer files back and forth. But I can't see the internet connection that
I'm sharing. I had a linksys router before this. And if I right clicked on
network settings on the laptop I could see my dial up service (had the same
name as what I gave it on the desktop). Now I get a icon that says "Internet
Connection" or something along that line in my network properties on the
laptop. When I dial the ISP and do connect I get the same icon in my network
settings on the desktop. Internet Connection icon. And I can't jump out on
the web. Even though I'm connected on the web via the desktop. Do I need to
turn the DHCP off on the router? I'm also getting a IP conflict. The
internet sharing gives the network adapter an IP address that is the same as
the lan IP on the dlink router. So I changed the IP address on the router
(from 192.168.0.1 to 192.168.1.1) I can't think of what else to do. I don't
recall disabling the DHCP on the linksys router I had. It worked okay. I
just wanted to take advantage of the 802.11g that my notebook has. The
linksys only had 802.11b. Maybe assign an IP address to the wireless on my
notebook? I didn't have to do this before with the linksys. So I'm totally
confused.
August 31, 2004 8:57:16 PM

Hi
May be this can Help: http://www.ezlan.net/DialUp.html