Separate audio from video

September 29, 2004 2:45:02 AM

I am trying to insert video footage into a taped interview, but I don't want
a break in the audio. Is there some way to separate the audio from the video
in this program and have a voice over the taped footage that was shot
separately?
--
Rod the video guy

More about : separate audio video

Anonymous
September 30, 2004 1:16:42 AM

Hi Rod --

Are you using Windows Movie Maker 2.0 or 2.1? (version 2.1 is installed by
the XPSP2 service pack)

Here's something to try:
Drag the video file that you want as the audio in your finished movie to the
"Audio / Music" track on the timeline. (This gives you a clean copy of the
audio)
Drag the video clips you want to the "Video Track" -- this populates both
the Video and the Audio track. (You can see the audio track if you click the
"+" next to the word "Video" on the timeline.)
Select the clips on the "Video" track that you don't want to hear the audio
on. Choose "Clip" / "Audio" / "Mute" from the menu bar to silence them ...

Hope this helps!
-Kristen Miller [MS]
This posting is provided "as is" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

!