Separate audio from video

I am trying to insert video footage into a taped interview, but I don't want
a break in the audio. Is there some way to separate the audio from the video
in this program and have a voice over the taped footage that was shot
separately?
--
Rod the video guy
1 answer Last reply

    Hi Rod --

    Are you using Windows Movie Maker 2.0 or 2.1? (version 2.1 is installed by
    the XPSP2 service pack)

    Here's something to try:
    Drag the video file that you want as the audio in your finished movie to the
    "Audio / Music" track on the timeline. (This gives you a clean copy of the
    audio)
    Drag the video clips you want to the "Video Track" -- this populates both
    the Video and the Audio track. (You can see the audio track if you click the
    "+" next to the word "Video" on the timeline.)
    Select the clips on the "Video" track that you don't want to hear the audio
    on. Choose "Clip" / "Audio" / "Mute" from the menu bar to silence them ...

    Hope this helps!
    -Kristen Miller [MS]
    This posting is provided "as is" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

    "Rod" <Rod@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I am trying to insert video footage into a taped interview, but I don't
    want
    > a break in the audio. Is there some way to separate the audio from the
    video
    > in this program and have a voice over the taped footage that was shot
    > separately?
    > --
    > Rod the video guy

Video Audio Microsoft Windows XP