Burning video made with Windows Movie Maker to DVD

September 29, 2004 10:39:01 AM

I am trying to burn a DVD of a movie I made with Movie Maker but the
software, Nero, won't recognize the format of the video that was output.

What can I do?
Anonymous
September 29, 2004 2:59:57 PM

Save the finished file as a DV-AVI in MovieMaker rather than a WMV. Not
only will Nero now recognize the file, but the resolution should be much
better.

Use the Save to My Computer line and then choose DV-AVI from the drop down
list.
www.coribright.com

"Zork" <Zork@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am trying to burn a DVD of a movie I made with Movie Maker but the
> software, Nero, won't recognize the format of the video that was output.
>
> What can I do?

September 30, 2004 8:32:06 PM

I don't get that option. There is no drop-down list. It
automatically saves it as a Windows movie maker file.

Related resources
October 2, 2004 12:05:51 AM

Select "Save to my computer" and enter a file name; press Next:
In this screen "Movie Settings" see closely there is a blue underlined link
"Show More choices" under the only option "Best quality..."

Click on the link and make the DV avi choice from the drop down list.

--
Rehan
www.rehanfx.org - get transitions and effects for Windows MovieMaker

"Carol" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I don't get that option. There is no drop-down list. It
> automatically saves it as a Windows movie maker file.

October 2, 2004 6:08:54 PM

Thanks so much!

Anonymous
October 8, 2004 7:49:03 PM

hi,
I am trying to make a "DVD player' readable format. But 146MB size movie
(WMV format) when converted into DVI-AV (NTSC) format, size increases to
12GB. Is this normal. Is there any compressing technique or some solution so
my entire movie can go on to one DVD disk.

Thanks in advance,
Uday
udayhere@hotmail.com

"Carol" wrote:

> Thanks so much!

Anonymous
October 9, 2004 9:41:41 PM

You now need to use a dvd authoring app to convert the avi file into a dvd
mpeg file. 12gb is about 1 hour and this should fit on one disc when
converted to mpeg2.

Graham

--
Graham Hughes