Burning video made with Windows Movie Maker to DVD

I am trying to burn a DVD of a movie I made with Movie Maker but the
software, Nero, won't recognize the format of the video that was output.

What can I do?
6 answers Last reply
More about burning video made windows movie maker

    Save the finished file as a DV-AVI in MovieMaker rather than a WMV. Not
    only will Nero now recognize the file, but the resolution should be much
    better.

    Use the Save to My Computer line and then choose DV-AVI from the drop down
    list.
    www.coribright.com

    "Zork" <Zork@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I am trying to burn a DVD of a movie I made with Movie Maker but the
    > software, Nero, won't recognize the format of the video that was output.
    >
    > What can I do?

    I don't get that option. There is no drop-down list. It
    automatically saves it as a Windows movie maker file.

    Select "Save to my computer" and enter a file name; press Next:
    In this screen "Movie Settings" see closely there is a blue underlined link
    "Show More choices" under the only option "Best quality..."

    Click on the link and make the DV avi choice from the drop down list.

    --
    Rehan
    www.rehanfx.org - get transitions and effects for Windows MovieMaker

    "Carol" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I don't get that option. There is no drop-down list. It
    > automatically saves it as a Windows movie maker file.

    Thanks so much!

    hi,
    I am trying to make a "DVD player' readable format. But 146MB size movie
    (WMV format) when converted into DVI-AV (NTSC) format, size increases to
    12GB. Is this normal. Is there any compressing technique or some solution so
    my entire movie can go on to one DVD disk.

    Thanks in advance,
    Uday
    udayhere@hotmail.com

    "Carol" wrote:

    > Thanks so much!

    You now need to use a dvd authoring app to convert the avi file into a dvd
    mpeg file. 12gb is about 1 hour and this should fit on one disc when
    converted to mpeg2.

    Graham

    --
    Graham Hughes
    MVP Digital Media
    "Uday" <Uday@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > hi,
    > I am trying to make a "DVD player' readable format. But 146MB size movie
    > (WMV format) when converted into DVI-AV (NTSC) format, size increases to
    > 12GB. Is this normal. Is there any compressing technique or some solution
    so
    > my entire movie can go on to one DVD disk.
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    > Uday
    > udayhere@hotmail.com
    >
    > "Carol" wrote:
    >
    > > Thanks so much!

Video Burner Windows Movie Maker DVD Windows XP