codec for wmp 8 needed

Windows XP SP1
Windows MP 8.00.00.4487

Please direct me to a free codec so I can play commercial
DVDs.

Sony DVD - R DW-U18A . No codec with the device, nor
are any available from Sony, that I can find.

Thanks.

WC
1 answer Last reply
More about codec needed

    1. Install WinDVD trial version but dont use the software. WMP then keep
    using the codec fine.
    2. Use Media Player Classic which has built in codec

    --
    Rehan
    www.rehanfx.org - get more effects and transitions for movie maker

    "wiley c" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

    > Windows XP SP1
    > Windows MP 8.00.00.4487
    >
    > Please direct me to a free codec so I can play commercial
    > DVDs.
    >
    > Sony DVD - R DW-U18A . No codec with the device, nor
    > are any available from Sony, that I can find.
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > WC

Video Sony Codec Windows XP