Sony Camcorder Video to file

I have a Sony Hi-8 video camcorder and I cannot get Windows XP to recognize
it so I can use movie maker. It is connected with an S Video line directly
into the computer. How do I set this up? Thanks for your time. Gene
Beattie
2 answers Last reply
More about sony camcorder video file

    Do you get a message on your screen after plugging in the
    camcorder?

    You need to use firewire (i-link in sony terms or ieee1394) cable and port
    on the pc.

    --
    Graham Hughes
    MVP Digital Media
    > Do you get a message on your screen after plugging in the
    > camcorder?

Video Sony Camcorders Windows XP