When i boot up the screen is black

Last response: in Storage
a b G Storage
May 7, 2005 3:51:36 PM

Hello, Can someone please help me. my home computer has been fine for
the last two years . since yesterday When i turn on my computer it
askes me if i want to go to safe mode and there is a counter running
down. there are some other options to chose from but regardless of my
choice it appears to start up but only shows a black screen. the
curser is there but nothing else. it is almost as if windows is not
responding when i start up. please help. thanks

More about : boot screen black

Anonymous
a b G Storage
May 8, 2005 3:33:50 PM

"luap wants help" <luap609@aol.com> wrote:

> Hello, Can someone please help me. my home computer has been fine for
> the last two years . since yesterday When i turn on my computer it
> askes me if i want to go to safe mode and there is a counter running
> down. there are some other options to chose from but regardless of my
> choice it appears to start up but only shows a black screen. the
> curser

Curse it back then ... ;-)

> is there but nothing else. it is almost as if windows is not
> responding when i start up. please help. thanks

Reinstall Windows!
Anonymous
a b G Storage
May 10, 2005 1:39:07 AM

"Zvi Netiv" <support@replace_with_domain.com> wrote in message
> "luap wants help" <luap609@aol.com> wrote:
>
> > Hello, Can someone please help me. my home computer has been fine for
> > the last two years . since yesterday When i turn on my computer it
> > askes me if i want to go to safe mode and there is a counter running
> > down. there are some other options to chose from but regardless of my
> > choice it appears to start up but only shows a black screen. the
> > curser
>
> Curse it back then ... ;-)
>
> > is there but nothing else. it is almost as if windows is not
> > responding when i start up. please help. thanks
>
> Reinstall Windows!
Boot from WinXP CD and do Repair installation.
Mike.
!