When i boot up the screen is black

Hello, Can someone please help me. my home computer has been fine for
the last two years . since yesterday When i turn on my computer it
askes me if i want to go to safe mode and there is a counter running
down. there are some other options to chose from but regardless of my
choice it appears to start up but only shows a black screen. the
curser is there but nothing else. it is almost as if windows is not
responding when i start up. please help. thanks
2 answers Last reply
More about when boot screen black

    "luap wants help" <luap609@aol.com> wrote:

    > Hello, Can someone please help me. my home computer has been fine for
    > the last two years . since yesterday When i turn on my computer it
    > askes me if i want to go to safe mode and there is a counter running
    > down. there are some other options to chose from but regardless of my
    > choice it appears to start up but only shows a black screen. the
    > curser

    Curse it back then ... ;-)

    > is there but nothing else. it is almost as if windows is not
    > responding when i start up. please help. thanks

    Reinstall Windows!

    "Zvi Netiv" <support@replace_with_domain.com> wrote in message
    > "luap wants help" <luap609@aol.com> wrote:
    >
    > > Hello, Can someone please help me. my home computer has been fine for
    > > the last two years . since yesterday When i turn on my computer it
    > > askes me if i want to go to safe mode and there is a counter running
    > > down. there are some other options to chose from but regardless of my
    > > choice it appears to start up but only shows a black screen. the
    > > curser
    >
    > Curse it back then ... ;-)
    >
    > > is there but nothing else. it is almost as if windows is not
    > > responding when i start up. please help. thanks
    >
    > Reinstall Windows!
    Boot from WinXP CD and do Repair installation.
    Mike.

Computer Storage