Problem with Dell DVD+RW reading DVD data dics?

Jim

For the second time in one month, I had problem viewing the contents of a
DVD-R data disk I created for two separate friends. In both cases, the
friend had a new Dell Dimension desktop (3000, I think) with a DVD+-R/RW
burner.

Here's what happens: I insert my DVD-R data disk and the Dell reads the main
root contents. But when I try to access a folder on the DVD-R, it doesn't
open it. The yellow light on the DVD burner flashes constantly. But nothing
more happens. When I try to open the DVD burner tray manually with the
button, it doesn't open. I have to restart the Dell PC to get the disc out.

I burned these DVD ISO discs on my LG 4040b 4x DVD+-R/RW/RAM burner. I have
created DVDs (movies and data) that play on my Dell system at work
(although, I have a DVD-ROM at work, not a burner).

With the first friend, I used a TDK disc. With the second, I used an
Imitation disc.

Any idea what the problem is?

"Jim" <hello@nowhereman.com> wrote in message
> For the second time in one month, I had problem viewing the contents of a
> DVD-R data disk I created for two separate friends. In both cases, the friend
> had a new Dell Dimension desktop (3000, I think) with a DVD+-R/RW burner.
>
> Here's what happens: I insert my DVD-R data disk and the Dell reads the main
> root contents. But when I try to access a folder on the DVD-R, it doesn't open
> it. The yellow light on the DVD burner flashes constantly. But nothing more
> happens. When I try to open the DVD burner tray manually with the button, it
> doesn't open. I have to restart the Dell PC to get the disc out.
>
> I burned these DVD ISO discs on my LG 4040b 4x DVD+-R/RW/RAM burner. I have
> created DVDs (movies and data) that play on my Dell system at work (although,
> I have a DVD-ROM at work, not a burner).
>
> With the first friend, I used a TDK disc. With the second, I used an Imitation
> disc.
>
> Any idea what the problem is?

The LG 4040b doesnt do that great a job of
producing DVDs that can be read in almost anything.

Get a Pioneer 109 with the 1.40 flashcode.

Try +R or +RW media instead.