Hard Drive Failure - Software Options?

Hi Everybody,
Hard drive failed. BIOS still recognizes drive, but windows XP does not.
Are the software data recovery tools worthwhile? I only have a few folders
on the drive that I would
like to recover.
Any recommendations?
Thanks,
Scot
3 answers Last reply
More about hard drive failure software options

    > Hard drive failed. BIOS still recognizes drive, but windows XP does not.
    > Are the software data recovery tools worthwhile?

    Depends. How did it "fail?"

    If it's simply a partition table or mbr problem, then yes, software can
    help you recover that fairly easily. On the other hand, if you have
    physical problems with the drive, the chances of recovering the data
    diminishes considerably.

    //Kevin

    Scot <nowhere@man.com> wrote in message

    > Hard drive failed. BIOS still recognizes drive, but windows XP does not. Are
    > the software data recovery tools worthwhile?

    Yes, they can be.

    > I only have a few folders on the drive that I would like to recover.
    > Any recommendations?

    I like Easy Recovery Pro. It aint free tho and aint cheap either.

    Scot wrote:
    > Hi Everybody,
    > Hard drive failed. BIOS still recognizes drive, but windows XP does
    not.
    > Are the software data recovery tools worthwhile? I only have a few
    folders
    > on the drive that I would
    > like to recover.
    > Any recommendations?