Capture video has no sound

jeff

Hello,

I have just purchased an HP system that has Windows Movie
Maker already installed. I am trying to caputer a video
from my Sony Handycam using the SVideo cable and audio
using the composit cables (White/Red). I am able to
capture video but without the audio. I know my system
works because I can use another program that came with my
PC called arcsoft (i believe)and it captures both video
and audio. I would use arcsoft but I do not like its
editing tools. Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong?

Thanks in advance,
jmb

Have you set the audio capture to be from the sound card, which I assume is
where you have the audio plugged into?
Is it just during capture you can't hear it? MM does not have audio preview,
or is there no audio at all when the file is played back?
You could capture an avi file with arcsoft and then import this into MM.
Graham

--
Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media