DVD-Ram driver for Windows

My OS: Windows XP pro SP2
I've just bought and installed a pioneer DVR-109 DVD writer and I'm finding
it a bit hard to swallow that this drive will read DVD-Ram but not write to
it. I'm a big fan of DVD-Ram, I really like it as a convenient re-useable
storage medium. Problem is, it's hard to find DVD-Ram supported drives,
manufacturers seem to steer clear of them.
Anyway, I was wondering if anyone knew of a downloadable driver that would
enable this drive to write to DVD-Ram. I've already tried one driver - the
BHA driver (which I have on CD) but it made no difference. I also tried the
update for it - XPDrv5005BHAOEMEN.exe 2586 KB - but it made no difference
either. It could be that the limitation is hardware based but I want to
exhaust all possibilities before I give up. I've written to pioneer support
but had no reply (yet).
Thanks for any help.

LG drives support writing to DVD-RAM. It's down to the hardware not the
driver.

"tg" <tg@nospamevereverever.net> wrote in message
> My OS: Windows XP pro SP2
> I've just bought and installed a pioneer DVR-109 DVD writer and I'm
> finding it a bit hard to swallow that this drive will read DVD-Ram but not
> write to it. I'm a big fan of DVD-Ram, I really like it as a convenient
> re-useable storage medium. Problem is, it's hard to find DVD-Ram supported
> drives, manufacturers seem to steer clear of them.
> Anyway, I was wondering if anyone knew of a downloadable driver that would
> enable this drive to write to DVD-Ram. I've already tried one driver - the
> BHA driver (which I have on CD) but it made no difference. I also tried
> the update for it - XPDrv5005BHAOEMEN.exe 2586 KB - but it made no
> difference either. It could be that the limitation is hardware based but I
> want to exhaust all possibilities before I give up. I've written to
> pioneer support but had no reply (yet).
> Thanks for any help.

tg <tg@nospamevereverever.net> wrote in message

> My OS: Windows XP pro SP2
> I've just bought and installed a pioneer DVR-109 DVD writer and I'm finding it
> a bit hard to swallow that this drive will read DVD-Ram but not write to it.
> I'm a big fan of DVD-Ram, I really like it as a convenient re-useable storage
> medium. Problem is, it's hard to find DVD-Ram supported drives, manufacturers
> seem to steer clear of them.

Its not that hard, some do support them. The most common is the LG drives.

> Anyway, I was wondering if anyone knew of a downloadable driver that would
> enable this drive to write to DVD-Ram.

The problem aint the driver, its the drive itself
that needs to be able to write that format.

> I've already tried one driver - the BHA driver (which I have on CD) but it
> made no difference.

Corse not.

> I also tried the update for it - XPDrv5005BHAOEMEN.exe 2586 KB - but it made
> no difference either. It could be that the limitation is hardware based

Corse it is.

> but I want to exhaust all possibilities before I give up. I've written to
> pioneer support but had no reply (yet).

They'll just tell you that the drive cant do that format.