Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Anti-virus for window 7 ultimate

Last response: in Windows 7
December 23, 2010 1:33:00 PM

Hello,my pc is running with a very low speed but am trying to download antivirus and scan but still no effect to my system.
a b $ Windows 7
December 23, 2010 1:41:39 PM

Hello mathayo mihayo,

If you're not able to download that anti-virus program, try downloading Microsoft Security Essentials and see if you have any luck.

If you are certain that you have a virus, check out these instructions from removing a virus from your Windows 7 computer - http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/Windows7/How-do-I-re...

Are you seeing any error message when trying to download the anti-virus programs?

Cassandra
Microsoft Windows Outreach
m
l
December 27, 2010 5:20:17 AM

mathayo mihayo said:
Hello,my pc is running with a very low speed but am trying to download antivirus and scan but still no effect to my system.

If your system is running slow, follow the given instructions and then download the antivirus software.
Clean up disk errors (Run once a week)

Whenever a program crashes, or you experience some power outage, your computer may create errors on your computer's hard disk. Over time, the errors can slow your computer. Luckily, the Windows operating system includes a Disk Check program to check and clean any errors on your computer and keep it running smoothly.

Remove temporary files
Your computer can pick up and store temporary files when you're looking at Web pages and even when you're working on files in programs, such as Microsoft Word. Over time, these files will slow your computer's performance. You can use the Windows Disk Cleanup screen to rid your computer of these deadbeat files.

Rearrange your data
Don't be shocked, but your computer can get sloppy. Your computer often breaks files side by side to increase the speed of access and retrieval. However, as files are updated, your computer saves these updates on the largest space available on the hard drive, often found far away from the other adjacent sectors of the file.

Make Internet Explorer run faster
The Web is a sparkling achievement of modern society. It's everywhere—from the home to the classroom. We use it to communicate, to work, to play—even to waste time when there's nothing else to do.

Automate Microsoft Update
Microsoft works constantly to release updates to Windows and other Microsoft products, including Office. At Microsoft Update, you can find and install all these updates—not just the critical ones. Often, these updates will improve your computer's performance.

m
l
Related resources

Best solution

a b 8 Security
a b $ Windows 7
December 27, 2010 10:48:17 PM
January 5, 2011 2:46:33 AM

Best answer selected by mathayo mihayo.
m
l
!