raid 1 internal controller to raid 5 additional controller

Hi everybody,
we have a intel bi pro server, with 3 scsi disks. There is an internal
raid controller, which made only RAID 0/1 configuration. We want to
make a raid 5 configuration, with an additional controller. system is
Windows 2003 server. How can i make installation without reinstall
windows and lost all datas.

Thank,

Regards.

Previously lboudon <lboudon@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi everybody,
> we have a intel bi pro server, with 3 scsi disks. There is an internal
> raid controller, which made only RAID 0/1 configuration. We want to
> make a raid 5 configuration, with an additional controller. system is
> Windows 2003 server. How can i make installation without reinstall
> windows and lost all datas.

Simple: Do your normal backup procedure, move the disks to the
new controller, create the RAID5 array and do your normal restore
procedure. The RAID should be transparent enough to Windows. If
that fails, you can still go back to the old configuration.

If you do not have a procedure for complete backup and desaster
recovery, then create that first, since you need it anyways for
any kind of professional server operation.

Arno